The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter  » Cosmetics  »
  • This is one of my favorite lip treatments on the market, both from the product to the flavor
  • Compared with lip balms, lip gloss and chopstick, the feel of this product is much more luxurious which I love
  • While this product is great for moisturizing and maintaining soft, smooth lips, it's not necessarily a product I would recommend for extra dry lips that are already severely chapped or splitting
  • The coconut scent lingers - which I really love - and I can taste a faint trace of coconut (it's made with organic virgin coconut oil) if I lick my lips while wearing this lip butter
  • Be careful to apply lightly to avoid traces of white on your lips, and stay away if you're not a coconut fan

• by Melanie Noell

This is one of my favorite lip treatments on the market, both from the product to the flavor. And an added bonus is that the Body Shop brand is reputed to not test products on animals.

At $6 for a little pot of lip butter under .3oz, the price is a bit high, but I often wait until Body Shop offers a sale and stocking up. If I run out, I am willing to pay full price, but when I get it on sale at 40-50%, this product is really a deal.

The consistency of

Body Shop’s coconut lip butter is smooth and creamy, almost like a lotion. Compared with lip balms, lip gloss and chopstick, the feel of this product is much more luxurious which I love. It’s especially great if you’re out at the beach where lips chap easily in the salt water, or to apply during cold months when lips are prone to dryness. While this product is great for moisturizing and maintaining soft, smooth lips, it’s not necessarily a product I would recommend for extra dry lips that are already severely chapped or splitting. This is more of a product for light chapping or simply to maintain supple, moisturized lips. My one complaint with the consistency is that because it is more cream-like than balm-like, it leaves a trace of white on my lips directly after application and no matter how much I rub it in, it takes several minutes for it to properly absorb and disappear. If you plan on wearing it while you’re out in public, apply a few minutes before and use a light touch when touching up so you don’t have a white ...

• The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter
      tint to your lips.

I’m a huge fan of coconut, so this is one of my favorite products simply for the scent; however, if you don’t want like tropical coconut smell, this lip butter is not for you. The coconut scent lingers - which I really love - and I can taste a faint trace of coconut (it’s made with organic virgin coconut oil) if I lick my lips while wearing this lip butter. It’s not sweetened, so don’t expect it to taste like the sweetened shredded coconut used in baking. I tend not

to lick my lips while wearing this product, however, because the consistency is so much like a cream that it has an almost waxy feel if I get it on my tongue. However, as a moisturizing lip balm, I like that it keeps me from licking my lips because that dries them out.

I would recommend this product to fans of tropical scented cosmetics looking for a luxurious lip butter that you can wear every day. Be careful to apply lightly to avoid traces of white on your lips, and stay away if you’re not a coconut fan!

The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter
Rebecca Lee says :

Is this product all natural? I like lip butters but I prefer them to be organic or at least include natural ingredients. Does this contain natural ingredients?

nitakb says :

Hi Rebecca,

Coconut Lip Butter from The body shop is not all natural, but it does contain natural ingredients such as organic coconut oil, shea butter, and castor oil.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118021626810228/k2311a0218/2.18.14