Thor: The Dark World (2013 movie)  » Movies  »
  • The Dark World in 3D and I thought I would share some of the things I liked or disliked about this movie
  • It just seems like the movie jumps from scene to scene without putting the necessary time and effort into making each scene amazing
  • I love it when they build up an evil guy and you truly get things from his perspective
  • I think he deserves a little more credit and trust and I hate the fact that they are always turning him in to the bad guy
  • I suggest you watch it in 2D, as the 3D just doesn’t add anything of worth

• by chiquita134

I’ve just had a chance to watch Thor: The Dark World in 3D and I thought I would share some of the things I liked or disliked about this movie. I am a fan of all comic related movies and after seeing the first Thor movie, I had some high hopes for this one.

I generally liked the movie and there were certain instances when I got goose bumps on my arms because there are some touching scenes in there, yet these scenes could have been better and longer. It just seems like the

movie jumps from scene to scene without putting the necessary time and effort into making each scene amazing. There are a lot of moments that could have been marvelous like the one where Loki talks to his father (Loki is in chains) and when Thor sees Jane again. I was hoping for a lot more suspense and feeling in this scene but I hardly got any.

Malekith, the villain in this movie is quite underdeveloped for my taste. I love it when they build up an evil guy and you truly get things from his perspective. While they tried to do this, they didn’t succeed in creating that aura of evilness around this character. But, I loved the scene where he just takes a grenade from one of his henchmen and throws it at Odin’s throne obliterating it! It was just awesome! Scenes like these are what the movie needed!

I loved the fact that they chose to show us more of Asgard! I am in love with the architecture in this city and I hope they show even more in the 3-rd release!

One thing I hate about the ...

• Thor: The Dark World (2013 movie)
      whole “Thor” universe is the way they portray Loki. I think he deserves a little more credit and trust and I hate the fact that they are always turning him in to the bad guy. It would be interesting to have a movie where he is genuinely good until the end. I don’t want to spoil anything by going into details here but it seems that no matter what Loki does he ends up being bad.

I did not like that that secondary actors (Lady Sif, the warriors of Thor, Odin, etc) are not present

when the action was at its peak and when Thor needed their help most! This is just a big shame because these characters would have made the final battle much more memorable.

Having watched it in 3D I have to say I am a little disappointed. I was expecting a lot more but got almost nothing out of it. I suggest you watch it in 2D, as the 3D just doesn’t add anything of worth.

Overall, I would say this movie is a good addition to the first one, but it could have been a whole lot better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1110021626400928/k2311a0210/2.10.14