Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
  • The only problem is that cellphone manufacturers seem to put very little money into their speakers, which is why most cellphones have very poor quality speakers
  • I definitely expected the $125 speaker to be packaged nicely, but I was still impressed
  • My favorite aspect of the Jambox speaker is definitely the aesthetics
  • I love how the volume up and volume down buttons are large plus and minus signs because it adds to the streamlined look of the speaker
  • I am completely satisfied with the Jawbone Jambox and I would recommend it to anyone looking for high-quality, aesthetically pleasing Bluetooth speakers

• by Tim Ertol

These days, few people own MP3 players because most cellphones have the ability to play music, among all of their other functions. The only problem is that cellphone manufacturers seem to put very little money into their speakers, which is why most cellphones have very poor quality speakers. This was the case with my Motorola Moto G, and I sought to remedy this problem by buying a Bluetooth speaker, the Jawbone JAMBOX.

After I opened up the shipping box for the Jambox, the first thing that struck me was the packaging. I definitely expected the $125 speaker to be packaged nicely, but I was still impressed. The actual speaker was incased in a clear plastic box and the accessories were in their own separate

compartment. Speaking of the accessories, the Jambox came with a micro-USB to USB cable, a USB charger, and a 3.5mm audio cable. I really like that they included the 3.5mm cable because it allows me to use the speaker with non-Bluetooth devices, such as my iPod Shuffle. Also included in the package was a small carrying pouch for the Jambox, which is really thin and flimsy, so I probably won’t be using it.

My favorite aspect of the Jambox speaker is definitely the aesthetics. I chose to buy the “Black Diamond” version of the speaker, which is actually black and gray. The speaker grill is indented with diamond shapes, which gives the device a really sleek, modern look. The only buttons on the Jambox are

the call-answer button, the volume up button, and the volume down button. I love how the volume up and volume down buttons are large plus and minus signs because it adds to the streamlined look of the speaker.

Connecting the Jambox to my cellphone was very easy. The first time I turned on the Jambox, the speaker emitted a feedback message, telling me that it was ready to be paired with my phone. Though I didn’t really need the audio-feedback, I think it’s really helpful for people who are less tech-savvy. Then, I simply turned on the Bluetooth on my phone, scanned for Bluetooth devices, and the speaker popped up right away. Before I knew it, I was streaming music from my phone to ...

• Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
      the speaker via Bluetooth. Another helpful feature of the speaker is the LED notification, which tells you if the speaker is trying to connect to your device or if the speaker’s battery is low.

The most important aspect of any speaker is the sound quality, and I was really impressed with the Jambox in this regard. The bass was very punchy and the highs and mids were crisp and clear. I tried connected my phone to the speaker via Bluetooth and then via the 3.5mm audio cable, and I couldn’t hear any differences in quality, so I was quite pleased with the Bluetooth connectivity of the device. The only complaint that I have is that if you listen to songs with a lot of

bass, the Jambox tends to move around due to the vibrations. This is mildly annoying but, if you position the speaker vertically, it stays still.

Overall, I’m very impressed with the Jawbone Jambox speaker. The device looks very sleek and streamlined thanks to the monochromatic colors and the diamond indents in the speaker grill. Furthermore, the Bluetooth connection process was so simple that my little sister could do it. The sound quality was superb and just a huge improvement over my phone’s speakers. My only complaint was that the speaker moved around when I played songs with loud bass, but this was a minor nuisance. I am completely satisfied with the Jawbone Jambox and I would recommend it to anyone looking for high-quality, aesthetically pleasing Bluetooth speakers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 163021626001028/k2311a023/2.3.14