Quaker Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies  » Food  »
  • Ever since I started this new job that I’m working at right now, I’ve been eating very unhealthy, which I know is really bad especially since I’m always under a lot of stress
  • I found out about “Quaker Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies” fairly recently at the supermarket and decided to start buying them sometimes since even though they aren’t one hundred percent healthy, they seem to be healthier than a lot of the junk that I keep on buying to eat
  • I’m not sure if they’re new, but I’ve just never noticed the “Quaker Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies” before the middle of last year
  • I consider myself as somewhat of a chocoholic who loves the occasional chocolate chip cookies
  • I would recommend these cookies to people who like chocolate chip cookies and are conscious about their health

• by Redtape

Ever since I started this new job that I’m working at right now, I’ve been eating very unhealthy, which I know is really bad especially since I’m always under a lot of stress. I’m constantly eating all sorts of junk food, which I realise can be addictive since even though I might want to change my unhealthy eating habits. However, even though I know it’s not much of an excuse, it’s what is actually what is available most of the time for my major meals. Therefore, I’ve decided to put my foot down and start eating healthier little by little by little, even if it means to replace some of my usual snacks. I found out about “Quaker Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies” fairly recently at the supermarket and decided to start buying them sometimes since even though they aren’t one hundred percent healthy, they seem to be healthier than a

lot of the junk that I keep on buying to eat. So far, I haven’t regretted that decision.

I’m not sure if they’re new, but I’ve just never noticed the “Quaker Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies” before the middle of last year. It comes in a box with a picture of the chocolate chip oatmeal cookies on the front, or it can come in little packages containing four cookies that are red, light blue and white in colour with a picture of the cookies on the front of them. I consider myself as somewhat of a chocoholic who loves the occasional chocolate chip cookies. Therefore, when I saw them first I was immediately attracted to the fact that they seemed to be a lot more affordable than the other chocolate chip cookies that I was seeing on the shelf. While most of the others including my precious Keebler Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies were over $100 JMD, this one was for only $30 JMD, and the picture of them on the package made them look quite delicious.

Having something that I love being much more affordable than other brands is one thing, but realising that they were less calories and healthier than the other brands also makes it a winner. I realised that while Keebler Soft Batch Cookies claims a total of 150 calories, the Quaker Chocolate Chop Oatmeal Cookies is 170 calories, but that is still a lot less than a lot of the other brands of chocolate chip and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies that were on the shelf. I also feel that they would be healthier than many of them too since these cookies contain oats, which are a source of fibre, rather than the regular unhealthy white flour. It’s also quite good for those who are either allergic to eggs ...

• Quaker Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
      or don’t want to include eggs in their diet, since I’ve noticed that it does not contain eggs in the list of ingredients. After having them, I certainly didn’t feel guilty like I was eating regular junk food, since I figure that it’s much healthier.

It’s not just the outside image of the cookies that make them appealing, but the overall taste is great too, so after that first time of having them, I’d go back from time to time and buy them when I want my chocolate chip cookie fix. Let me just mention that they are made with real chocolate chips, and that also makes them taste better than some and makes them a winner in my books. I know certain brand of chocolate chip cookies that I bought, where I felt cheated when I ate them because the so-called chocolate chips were little unidentifiable black specks that didn’t

taste much like chocolate. I was angry about that for a very long time, because as trivial as it might seem, I buy these cookies for the chocolate chips and I feel robbed and violated when something like that happens especially if I bought them with my last spare dollar. Even though they might be slightly smaller than some of the other brands on the shelf, I can literally taste the chocolate chips in the “Quaker Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies”, which is awesome, because I guess since they were so healthy I never expected them to be so big.

One last thing that I have to mention is that they’re nothing less than filling. Sure, four medium sized cookies come in one of the packets, but I just don’t feel took hungry after eating them as a snack.

I would recommend these cookies to people who like chocolate chip cookies and are conscious about their health.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273021625981028/k2311a023/2.3.14