Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate (software)  » Software  »
  • Some time ago I decided that I was going to make an animated film and therefore I wanted to do some research by getting some stills of a few video clips that were going to influence some scenes especially
  • My biggest problem at the time though was not finding the videos, but getting the clips after I had found them and creating the stills
  • I found myself looking for a free software that would accomplish several of these tasks, which were splitting the video into clips once I had found an appropriate video, as well as creating stills from the video clips and possibly even converting some of the pictures and videos I was using to other file types
  • What I’ve discovered about the Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate is that it is definitely a keeper
  • Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend this software to people who are looking for a free and easy to use video converter and editing software

• by Redtape

Some time ago I decided that I was going to make an animated film and therefore I wanted to do some research by getting some stills of a few video clips that were going to influence some scenes especially. My biggest problem at the time though was not finding the videos, but getting the clips after I had found them and creating the stills. I found myself looking for a free software that would accomplish several of these tasks, which were splitting the video into clips once I had found an appropriate video, as well as creating stills from the video clips and possibly even converting some of the pictures and videos I was using to other file types. After some searching the internet for something I eventually found the “Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate” which did everything and more that I was asking for in a software.

The “Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate”, version 7.7.3, is a free software that

the developers claim is loaded with features. It claims to be able to convert to and from many different formats of video and to be able to edit videos where one can merge, and split video files and also add watermarks and sound. You can even extract the sound itself from the video, or just get the video by itself and remove the sound. Once the software begins running, the interface itself is fairly basic and straightforward even for those who have probably never done much video editing in their life.

There are three main areas. The first one is the one that I personally like to call “The Canvas”. It is the one that you might notice gives the three basic instructions to getting started. This is the same area that the file will appear once it is added from a folder and where you will see the length of the progress it takes when being converted from its original format.

The panel beside that is the one that I personally have taken to calling the Profile box since the first thing that I see there when I open the software is the word “profile” as a heading with a dropdown arrow beside it. Here is where you adjust the profile settings for your video such as the size, the quality and even the split. It is also where I would see the frame rate.

What I’ve discovered about the Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate is that it is definitely a keeper. I can do so much with it, and I realised that the developers were not lying when they said that it has many features. Unlike some other similar free video editing software, I don’t have to worry about the finished products of my work having watermarks on them as a result of a free trial, it only converting part of my file or me not being ...

• Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate (software)
      able to convert multiple files at once. I’ve seen that there literally are no cons to using this.

Another advantage I’ve found when using this software is that there are a wealth of file formats to choose from when I’m doing my editing or conversions. In times past, one of the things that have disgusted me is that I’ve found it incredibly hard to find a software that can play or view certain file extensions that don’t seem to be very popular, or that searching for a software that can convert from certain file extensions to others seem very hard to find. However, I’ve never had a problem like that once I started using this software.

Something else I’m grateful for is the fact that this software doesn’t seem to take up too much RAM. There are times when I have an amazing amount of other files and software open at one time since I’m working on different sections

of a project. I then find that I might have to close one or two of those applications so that I can make some adjustments to a file I’m working on since the computer might either crawl too much since I have all of them open at once or crash because of the amount of RAM being used. I don’t have to worry using the Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate.

The software is also much faster than most free video editing software I’ve used. It doesn’t take me twenty million years just to convert or split one video.

Perhaps the only problem I have with this though is that it is not as detailed as I want it to be sometimes, which isn’t too bad I guess since I’m a strong believer in you get what you pay for.

Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend this software to people who are looking for a free and easy to use video converter and editing software.

Treerock says :

This one seems a little more versatile than CoolUtils Total Moie Converter

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3030011625881031/k2311a0130/1.30.14