Benefit cosmetics: They’re Real Honest Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • Certainly, it is a good quality mascara backed by an exceptional brand yet I feel that the claims it is 'The Best Mascara in the Beauty Industry' are by far, over-rated
  • In conclusion I feel that this is a good quality mascara however it does contain some flaws, making it unworthy of all the hype regarding it however I feel that is definitely is a better buy than some drug-store mascaras

• by Kelly

My opinion on this product is impartial. I have always loved the benefit brand from I was in my early teens and am a great advocate of wearing their exceptional mascara however this product, I don’t know if I particularly like it.

Certainly, it is a good quality mascara backed by an exceptional brand yet I feel that the claims it is ‘The Best Mascara in the Beauty Industry’ are

by far, over-rated.

The packaging is one of the great aspects of Benefit products however I urge this not to sway you towards the quality of this item in particular. You will basically receive a regular mascara wand which isn’t too thick. Then comes the magic secret, the spiky ball on the end which is to be used in an upwards motion in order to separate the lashes. It comes in a pitch black color and is great for adding some length and volume to your lashes, therefore making me think it’s a fantastic product for daily wear, yet Benefit market it as the all time great, going out mascara!

The two main positive points of this mascara are that it does give you some volume and length which can be quite appealing to the conservative woman. Secondly, as the color ...

• Benefit cosmetics: They're Real Honest Mascara
      is pitch black it does add some definition around your eyes and brings out the color of blue/green eyes in particular.

However these are countered by more important negative points. Firstly, the spiky ball on the end, when used, leads to the lashes being turned into a clumped mess however it can be fixed by coating once again using the normal edge of the wand, yet i find this defies the

purpose of such a ‘great’ feature. Secondly, this is super easy to smudge, even on a warm day with no eyeliner on, i would find tiny black smudge marks under my eyes.

In conclusion I feel that this is a good quality mascara however it does contain some flaws, making it unworthy of all the hype regarding it however I feel that is definitely is a better buy than some drug-store mascaras.

Belinda Y. Hughes says :

I’m not sure I understand how the disadvantages would warrant spending money on this product. If it’s not good, it’s not good.

Joanna says :

Hi,

I have used this product and it does do a great job. It does smudge a little on hot days, but compared to many other mascara products, its better. The spiky tip is great for spreading individual lashes. Also, it doesn’t seem to clump like some of the other cheaper mascara’s do.

I think that for those who are looking for a somewhat inexpensive mascara that still offers great volume and length, then despite some of its problems, it is a great option.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joanna

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128011625660831/k2311a0128/1.28.14