Universal Studios Singapore
8 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore
  • On the small island of Sentosa, Universal Studios, in my honest opinion, provides the best places for movie buffs, adrenaline junkies, fantasy hunters and picture taking fanatics
  • It is also where you will spot most of your favourite movie characters as they come out for their meet and greets and their allotted times
  • There are a lot of mini rides but the one I can recommend would be the Rapid Adventure (you probably will get wet)
  • Some tips for your Universal Studios Experience

• by The.Little-Person

Recently, my family and I were blessed to have a holiday in Singapore and spend a day at Universal Studios Singapore. On the small island of Sentosa, Universal Studios, in my honest opinion, provides the best places for movie buffs, adrenaline junkies, fantasy hunters and picture taking fanatics. It was a great place for people for all ages. Universal Studios is broken up into seven different worlds, each world catering to the different interests and highlights of various Universal films. These worlds include: Hollywood, New York, Madagascar, The Lost World, Far Far Away, Ancient Egypt and
      Sci-Fi City.

To limit my words, I will briefly talk about each world. Hollywood: The first thing you see when you walk in. It is the perfect place to purchase your souvenirs as the Universal Studios Store is located near the entrance. It is also where you will spot most of your favourite movie characters as they come out for their meet and greets and their allotted times.

New York: Classic. Capturing New York back in the day, from singing dinettes to Marilyn Monroe’s famous grating pose, there is always something to do and watch. Majority of the Street shows occur in the New York area. Madagascar: The place is vibrant and gives a taste into the tropical life.

There are great rides for kids. It wasn’t really my cup of tea but I’m sure my inner child was having the time of her life. The Lost World: Two words. Jurassic Park.

This place embodies the idea of dinosaurs and science discoveries. There are a lot of mini rides but the one I can recommend would be the Rapid Adventure (you probably will get wet). Far Far Away: The place of fairytales ...

• Universal Studios Singapore
      and Shrek. This was where I took a large proportion of my pictures.

Do not miss taking a photo with Shrek and Fiona!

Ancient Egypt: I admit we didn’t really spend a lot of time here but I hear the Revenge of the Mummy ride is pretty awesome. Sci-Fi City: My favourite. The futuristic atmosphere is brilliant and the Transformers 3D ride is quite good. Some tips for your Universal Studios Experience: 1.

Plan your day. Arrive early, get a hold of a map because you want to make sure you get to do the things you want to do before the place gets too crowded (eating places included). 2. Getting a Universal Express pass is really worth it if you want to ride a lot of rides.

As in other theme parks, the lines get pretty long and a lot of your day may be wasted waiting to ride on a 5ish minute ride. 3. Have your camera on standby at all times if you are a picture taking fanatic. There are always things to capture and you do not want to miss an opportunity of taking a picture with a movie character.

4. Be prepared to walk around for ages. Bring comfortable shoes!!!

Universal Studios Singapore
The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5925011625541231/k2311a0125/1.25.14