Marie Callenders Blueberry Muffin Mix
  • What I like about this muffin mix is that it is easy and to the point
  • Even though it’s has imitation blueberries instead of real blueberries, I enjoyed them more than I expected to
  • Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy real homemade blueberry muffins but having something, quick on hand is nice for craving occasions
  • First you preheat the oven to four hundred degrees, which in my case I put to three hundred and seventy five, because my oven is definitely hotter, and tends to burn things if I use the exact temperature
  • For an artificial muffin mix, my kitchen smelled amazing and like the real thing

• by nitakb

I was craving something sweet one evening and went in search of something to satisfy my ever so growing sweet tooth. In one of my kitchen containers I had a packet of Marie Callenders Blue Berry Muffin mix, neatly tucked away for occasions like this. For sixty cents at big lots, I had the opportunity to have many of the packets around since I have previously used muffin mixes from Marie Calenders and liked them pretty well.

What I like about this muffin mix is that it is easy and to the point. Even though it’s has imitation blueberries instead of real blueberries, I enjoyed them more than I expected

to. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy real homemade blueberry muffins but having something, quick on hand is nice for craving occasions.

The ingredients needed with this mix is one large egg, one third cup of milk, and two table spoons of vegetable oil. There are six steps to preparing the batter for these blueberry muffins. First you preheat the oven to four hundred degrees, which in my case I put to three hundred and seventy five, because my oven is definitely hotter, and tends to burn things if I use the exact temperature.

Second step says to grease only six of the muffin tins or to use greased

or sprayed paper liners. The third is in a bowl, your directed to whisk together the egg, milk and oil until it is well blended. In the fourth step you add the muffin mix and stir until ingredients are thoroughly moistened. It also notes that the batter would be lumpy. The fifth, your instructed to divide the batter evenly between muffin cups, filling each three fourth full. And the last you bake for about fifteen minutes or at least until the muffins are a light golden brown and the tops spring back when lightly touched.

For an artificial muffin mix, my kitchen smelled amazing and like the real ...

• Marie Callenders Blueberry Muffin Mix
      thing. After taking then out when they turned a light brown, I gently pierced the middle with a tooth pick to see if they had thoroughly baked. About five minutes later they cooled just enough I poured up a glass of milk and sampled the muffin.

These muffins are sweet. If I had my eyes closed, I would have thought I was eating a blueberry cupcake. I was just missing the super sweet frosting. Not only was the artificial blueberries sweet but actual breading of the muffin was sweet too. I ate two right quick. They were just that good. The breading was also moist too. The urge

to wash down liquid after wasn’t so apparent which was great.

Serving size of this muffin is a one-fourth cup, which to my guess is one muffin. It’s one hundred and ninety calories, with seventy being from fat. There’s one hundred and twenty five milligrams of sodium, twenty six grams of carbs, with twelve grams of sugar. Not bad considering a lot of easily muffins clear two hundred calories.

In the end I enjoyed these muffins. For something quick and simple, this certainly zapped my craving without totally going overboard. For under thirty minutes this wasn’t too bad. For under a dollar I got six decently size muffins.

I would recommend to a friend.

lyle thompson says :

re : What I like about this muffin mix is that it is easy and to the point
very easy to make - worst tasting mix i have ever made - i expected more from this product.household name (sigh).

lyle thompson says :

re : Even though it’s has imitation blueberries instead of real blueberries, I enjoyed them more than I expected to
What? I totally hated this imitation blueberry mix based on none bluberry flavored cake mix.

quick note by anonymous :

what can be used to make marie callendars blueberry mufffins less dry

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723011625381031/k2311a0123/1.23.14