Special K Cereal Bars  » Food  »
2.0
  • The package of cereal bars that I bought came with two flavors
  • I love the crunchiness of those little bits of pretzel
  • These cereal bars are definitely not a healthy breakfast alternative
  • I would not recommend these cereal bars to anyone trying to eat healthy because consuming an excess of fat and sugar is not a good way to start your day

• by Tim Ertol

I’m still a student, so I have to wake up at 6:30 every morning to get to school on time. Because of this, I usually don’t have enough time to eat a real breakfast, or even cereal and milk for that matter. However, I recently discovered the Special K Cereal Bars, which seemed like they would be a good replacement for a regular breakfast.

The package of cereal bars that I bought came with two flavors: Chocolatey Pretzel and Red Berries. Both of these flavors taste delicious. The Chocolatey Pretzel is semi-dipped in actual chocolate and has small pieces of pretzels in it. I love the crunchiness of those little bits of pretzel. The Red Berries flavor has chunks of real berries in it, which creates a very fresh taste that really wakes me up in the mornings. I was really satisfied with the way the Special K Cereal Bars taste.

When I bought the cereal bars, I thought they would be healthy because of the Special K brand. However, it turns out that I was completely wrong. Each bar of the Chocolatey Pretzel flavor has 1.5 grams of saturated fat, which ...

• Special K Cereal Bars
      is 8% of the daily recommended maximum. Even the Red Berries flavor has 1 gram of saturated fat. Furthermore, the bars are loaded with sugar, so I occasionally end up crashing an hour before lunch. What makes this worse is that the individual bars are so small that I need to eat two to get enough calories in my breakfast, which doubles the about
      of saturated fat as well as sugar. These cereal bars are definitely not a healthy breakfast alternative.

The Special K cereal bars taste great, but with that taste comes a lot of saturated fat and sugar. I would not recommend these cereal bars to anyone trying to eat healthy because consuming an excess of fat and sugar is not a good way to start your day.

Special K Cereal Bars

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721011625210731/k2311a0121/1.21.14