Link’s Crossbow Training Wii game  » Games  »
  • The thing I like the least is that there is no health bar, so there's no way to die
  • Overall I can recommend this game, but it's not a must have
  • I think Nintendo pulled off the arcade feeling very well, but that's all it is

• by NanoWasabi

Hey Internet!

This is NanoWasabi, ready to give you my latest opinion on “Link’s Crossbow Training” for the Nintendo Wii. This was one of my first games for the Wii, and I didn’t know much about “The Legend of Zelda” at the time. So I didn’t really know what to expect.

This is not a regular Zelda game. Let’s just say that right away. While the other Zelda games focus a lot

on exploration and puzzles, this one is nothing more than an arcade game, where you point the Wii remote at the screen and shoot the targets and enemies with your crossbow. You have about 12 levels to go through, and you can get a bronze, silver, gold, or platinum medal on each one based on your score. Score is mainly gained through combos, as every time you hit a target your multiplier increases by 1. This makes it possible to score ten thousand points on a target that’s worth one hundred.

Overall I can say that the game play is rather like a hunting arcade game, except that in the final two levels they mix things up with boss fights which I really enjoy. On top of that there are a lot of secret targets that I had a lot of fun finding,

• Link's Crossbow Training Wii game
      so this game could keep you entertained for at least a week getting all the highest scores.

The thing I like the least is that there is no health bar, so there’s no way to die. Instead, if you get hit, it just subtracts from your score and breaks your combo. This isn’t bad, it does give you incentive not to get hit, but Link is never in any real danger. I

feel like I’m on vacation shooting all these murderous wolves for fun.

Overall I can recommend this game, but it’s not a must have. I think Nintendo pulled off the arcade feeling very well, but that’s all it is: an arcade game. You can tell it was easy to make, because most of the levels come straight from Zelda Twilight Princess.

And with that, I think I’ll leave you with a frog. Here he is.

Ribbit!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2817011624990931/k2311a0117/1.17.14