Gregor The Overlander, Book By Suzanne Collins
  • Gregor The Overlander , however, is a fantasy adventure with a little kid for the main character and having in mind that I am a huge ( unfortunately in every sense of the word) fan of Harry Potter and Percy Jackson I decided to give her a chance

• by Svetoslav Bogdanov

You might look at me as some kind of a strange creature that crawled out of the cave, in which I might have spent the last few years, but ” Gregor The Overlander” Part One of the ” Underland Chronicles” is the first book of Suzanne Collins that I am reading. Yes, it is correct, I realize I’ve missed “The Hunger Games”, mostly because I do not at all like dystopian stories. “Gregor The Overlander”, however, is a fantasy adventure with a little kid for the main character and having in mind that I am a huge ( unfortunately in every sense of the word) fan of “Harry Potter” and “Percy Jackson” I decided to give her a chance. Two days later, I can only nod with my head .

Now I understand why Susan Collins is such a popular writer beyond and on this side of the

ocean. She is really good. She is downrigh damn good.

But before I go on with the praise, I can tell what is the story and the events that come with the book. Gregor is a simple boy with a bad childhood. Two years ago, his father mysteriously disappears, and because his mother has to go to work to feed him and his two sisters, and his grandmother suffers from sclerosis, he becomes the big one in the family.

He must miss children camps in order to take care of his younger sister and his elderly grandmother. And he has to overcome the grief of the fact that his father is not around, because of them and his mother. So, day after day passes, him hoping that one day his father will return and then… Gregor does not even dare to think what they would do.

But fate

grabs him by the horns , when one day , in search of the small and mischievous Boots, Gregor falls into the Underland - a place for which he has not even dreamed to have even existed. A place, in which he is hailed as a legendary warrior promised by a prophecy by some and by others as a tasty meal. And where, together with little Boots he becomes a part of an epic journey on which depends the future of all… I am intentionally marking the review without giving everything out of it, but I can not hold myself buy only say that Suzanne Collins has written a fantastic book.

“Gregor The Overlander” is a super easily readable book and while reading it in no time did I feel that it is past hundred pages and I did not have any desire to go to sleep - ...

• Gregor The Overlander, Book By Suzanne Collins
      so it’s best to leave a weekend for reading it. The pace of the book is like a roller coaster and will appeal particularly to fans of Rick Riordan, who are accustomed to adventures in each of the chapters. However, this did not come at the expense of the depth of the characters.

Each character in the adventure plays an important role and grows - one way or another - as the plot unfolds , revealing a surprising depth, especially considering that the book is still aimed at younger readers. However Collins hints at her macabre nature , that allowed her to think of the later written “Hunger Games” and some of the moments in the book are clearly ominous , especially with the huge giant rats or spiders that would make even Shelob to be proud of them. Last but not least , a star in the

book is also the world itself, which is highly original, with many different races and well-built conflicts between them.

At least I do not think I have read something like this before . Even if there is , I can say that Collins has made an effort on her part in order for her not to become another telegraph who rewrites “Harry Potter. ” For dessert I want to emphasize that the book brings a really devastating emotional charge.

I have not read “The Hunger Games,” but I’ve seen the movie and I remember how bad it was when the little child died. But feeling sad for a child is one thing. When the author makes ​​you almost cry for a cockroach, you know that she is very, very good.

As is her book. I can not wait for the sequels to “Underland Chronicles” and who knows. Maybe I will also read the “Hunger Games.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 173011624300931/k2311a013/1.3.14