Rosewill FB-03 Dual Fans mATX Mid Tower Computer Case  » Hardware  »
0.5
  • I bought the Rosewill FB-03 Dual Fans ATX Mid Tower Computer Case for my first gaming PC build
  • I had a strict $400 budget, so I was looking for a case that cost less than $30
  • These fans were pretty loud and not the best quality, but that's what I expected out of a $20 case
  • The inside of the case was unpainted aluminum, which looked terrible in my opinion
  • The Rosewill FB-03 Dual Fans ATX Mid Tower Computer Case may be cheap, but it is definitely not a good value

• by Tim Ertol

I bought the Rosewill FB-03 Dual Fans ATX Mid Tower Computer Case for my first gaming PC build. I had a strict $400 budget, so I was looking for a case that cost less than $30. The Rosewill case was on sale for only $20 and seemed to have decent reviews, which is why I bought it from Newegg.

The case came with one front 120mm fan and one back 80mm fan. These fans were pretty

loud and not the best quality, but that’s what I expected out of a $20 case. The inside of the case was unpainted aluminum, which looked terrible in my opinion. However, after installing the motherboard, you could barely see it.

The build quality of the case was what I expected, considering the price. The top, back, sides, and bottom were all made of cheap, thin aluminum that had a lot of flex. It would have taken little force to bend the metal. The front of the case was all plastic, even though part of it is painted to look like a nice metal finish. The phrase “you get what you pay for” holds true to this case.

Fitting a microATX in this case was a real pain. I had to use an ample amount of force to get the screw holes in the motherboard to line up with those in ...

• Rosewill FB-03 Dual Fans mATX Mid Tower Computer Case
      the case. Also, there isn’t much more for hard drives, as you can only fit one if you have a graphics card. The case is better suited to SSDs. The front of the case has all the IO you would expect: headphone, microphone, and two USB 2.0 ports.

Overall, I’m somewhat disappointed with the case. Though I don’t feel ripped off, I don’t feel like the case is a very good value. If I could

build my PC again, I would spend $20 more for the case and buy a NZXT Source 210, which is a much better case. Honestly, I think I wasted hours of my time trying to get everything to fit in the case and managing the cables (though there are very few cable management options available). The Rosewill FB-03 Dual Fans ATX Mid Tower Computer Case may be cheap, but it is definitely not a good value.

yatin shukla says :

yea u did the right thing buying this case as it came under ur budget…..u can cheaply get ssd drives if u buy them in a bulk like….200gb 4..this way u can get 800 gb ssd at a cheaper price and compatible with the pc case….:)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 332011624290831/k2311a012/1.2.14