Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free BB Stick SPF 21
2.0
  • I love shopping for clothes except makeup
  • At the least I think it's interesting the way you create your own recipes from so much cosmetics
  • I'd like to relate my opinion of this product with my experience of wearing it during our little out-of-town
  • I think I didn't spread the creme properly
  • I was impressed to see it cancel out redness like a true concealer, and the smooth creme texture was a bonus

• by RiccaBookish

I love shopping for clothes except makeup. Like most women, I trifle with appearances. The possibilities between what can be applied and to what results are so vast. Take for instance the many things that can be applied between your skin and foundation, BB cremes, primers, tinted or non-tinted, concealers. There can only be so much. At the least I think it’s interesting the way you create your own recipes from so much cosmetics. So I tried the Maybelline BB stick as I hadn’t much luck with the traditional liquid BB creams. I planned to use it under my foundation and to correct discolorations.

I’d like to relate

my opinion of this product with my experience of wearing it during our little out-of-town. While waiting in the pier, my sister said to me in passing that I put powder on my face because my makeup wasn’t even. I recoiled in horror at the sight of my face caking in broad daylight (as I looked in my compact mirror). That part where I had applied the BB stick looked like a crinkly sheet of paper! My mineral foundation usually doesn’t dry up like that but it did on top of the creme stick.

So the BB stick cakes terribly with powder. Don’t use powder foundations or mineral products on top

— they mess with the stick’s creme texture as if the powder was merely piled-on contributing to a patchy appearance on areas where you applied it to conceal spots. A lightweight face powder should have done it. That same day I was forced to buy a new mousse foundation to spare me the trouble of using the creme stick while on vacation.

How you apply the product is crucial to achieving its desired effect. My mistake was I applied the BB stick like a concealer, and because I had to cover a great portion (dark spots and acne marks) I indiscriminately carried on dabbing it to the other side of my face to ...

• Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free BB Stick SPF 21
      balance the coverage. I think I didn’t spread the creme properly. You should spread it like BB cream until thin enough to blend with your skin. Before that caking disaster, I occasionally wore the stick in a similar fashion and all the time I must’ve looked funny.

It’s a shame because the stick was a good concealer by itself. I was impressed to see it cancel out redness like a true concealer, and the smooth creme texture was a bonus. The shade in 01 Fresh is a cool Ivory that’s good for toning down pink or yellow skintone, but it was maybe too grey on mine. Anyway it’s the foundation

that sets the color. The twist-up stick allows precise application. This has a clear advantage over liquid BB as it’s easier to apply and to let glide in quick strokes.

Like many of the items under the Clear Smooth product line, this has decent oil-control and wears long enough. Since the resulting circumstances won’t allow me to use it as concealer, iI will have no use for it because it’s tiresome to have to apply this BB and then use a separate concealer before foundation. In that case I have to pare down my makeup to an achievable recipe. It sells for 250 philippine pesos. I will not recommend it.

Joanna says :

Hi,

One trick I learned to prevent the dryness and uneven coat is to apply a translucent moisturizer to your face first and apply the product with your fingers. This helps prevent dryness and spread the product more evenly.

Hope this helps.

RiccaBookish says :

got it. thanks for the tip I am searching for a good moisturizer as many break me out.

alania says :

I love to expand my make up and try new make up .This one particular make up I tried was HORRIBLE Maybelline BB stick ,dries out your face especially if you like to wear powder.it made my skin look like it had spots all on my face and was not even at all.i do not recommend this.

RiccaBookish says :

I’m sorry to hear that it dried out your face. I guess that says much about the product. I thought it doesn’t hold up particularly well for oily skin types like mine, just average oil-control. Setting it with powder might do the trick for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130121624120931/k2311a1230/12.30.13