Betty Crocker Mac and Cheese: Original flavor
  • I found it interesting that they would have a version of Mac and cheese
  • In my opinion too much liquid dilutes the flavors
  • I know that milk is for the creamy effect but too much can really wreck the flavor of the cheese sauce
  • The first spoonful I noticed that the Mac and cheese isn’t high the salt department
  • I think it's the kind of box mac and cheese that I would use to make a casserole with

• by nitakb

I’m what you would call a loyal user of the brand of Betty Crocker. Usually I go for the cake mixes and hamburger helper kits but this time around I had the opportunity to their brand of Mac and cheese. I found it interesting that they would have a version of Mac and cheese.

This box of Mac and cheese comes in the very much original slim rectangular box. The instructions are also pretty straight forward. Matter of fact you don’t even have to read the box, cause it’s just that simple. You need three basic ingredients,

which is a cup of water, a cup of milk and four tablespoons of margarine or butter. I expected there to be less milk involved since is going to be one full cup of water. Usually to get the full cheesiness of boxed Mac and cheese I limited the amount of liquid involved. In my opinion too much liquid dilutes the flavors. I know that milk is for the creamy effect but too much can really wreck the flavor of the cheese sauce.

There is two steps in preparing this box of mac and cheese. The first step

is to stir in all of the ingredients, which is water, margarine, sauce mix and uncooked pasta in a 2-quart sauce pan. You would then heat and bring to a boiling, making sure to stir frequently. The second step is to reduce heat, simmer uncovered for twelve minutes while stirring occasionally until the pasta is tender.

I personally had mixed feelings about this mac and cheese. The first spoonful I noticed that the Mac and cheese isn’t high the salt department. To be matter of fact it’s lacking. The cheesy flavor is more faint than intense.

• Betty Crocker Mac and Cheese: Original flavor
      In the ingredients it said was that there is cheddar cheese, blue cheese and Parmesan cheese included. It was also a bit too watery in my opinion. Proving that I should have used a little less milk, instead of being watery it would have been just creamy. I think I would have been able to the taste cheese flavor a little better if it was a little less diluted by milk.

One serving, which is one cup is three hundred and seventy with one hundred and seventy calories being from fat. There is four hundred

and ten milligrams of sodium, with thirty seven grams of carbs,four grams of sugar and six grams of protein.

In the end I feel this was an overall good product. I know if I ever try it again I will use less milk so I can fully appreciate the flavor and to also allow the mac and cheese to be thicker in texture. Betty Crocker mac and cheese isn’t kraft, but its’ good enough. I think it’s the kind of box mac and cheese that I would use to make a casserole with.

I would still recommend this to a friend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2726121623940731/k2311a1226/12.26.13