Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original
  • Personally, I prefer Original as it doesn't compete with whatever shadow I'm wearing
  • And I know, the sizes of the tubes may not seem like much especially for the price, but you don't need a lot of product at all

• by Bethany V.

Urban Decay has a cult like following of makeup junkies like myself, and with products like this, you really can’t argue with us.

The eyeshadow primer potion is a primer for your eyelids (similar to face primer) that gives a smooth surface for your shadow to adhere too. It helps to keep it on, keep it crease free and it also amps up color and reduces fallout.

UD offers four shades - original, a matte nude color that dries invisibly; eden, a

matte nude finish; greed, a golden shimmer finish; and sin, a champagne shimmer finish. Personally, I prefer Original as it doesn’t compete with whatever shadow I’m wearing.

The primer is about the consistency of a liquid concealer and comes in an 11ml tube for $20, or the travel sized 6ml tube for $12. And I know, the sizes of the tubes may not seem like much especially for the price, but you don’t need a lot of product at all. My travel sized tube (6ml) has lasted me 6 months, and I use it for my eyebrows as well as my shadow every single day.

It’s applied just the same as a concealer or cream shadow, just squeeze a little onto your finger and apply it to your lids. I basically apply from my brow bones down and then use a liner brush to apply a tiny amount just below my lower lashes. Allow it to dry for a minute or two and ...

• Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original
      youre all prepped for your shadow!

Urban also claims that this stuff lasts 24hrs and I can honestly tell you it would keep your makeup on for a week if you let it. Not only does it hold the shadows and liners in place, but it prevents the dreaded muddy eye makeup! By the end of the day, your eyeshadow tends to blend all together into one muddy not so hot mess. But using this, all colors stay separate, perfectly blended and

in the same spot you put them that morning. Your eyeliner will not leak down either, racoon eyes evaded!

Like I said, its available in an 11ml tube for $20, or the travel sized 6ml for $12 on Urbans website. Any large department store or makeup store like Sephora or Ulta that has an Urban Decay section will carry this as well.

All in all, if Urban ever discontinued this product, I would be so lost. Not to mention extremely upset. Its worth every single penny.

Alexandra B. says :

re : And I know, the sizes of the tubes may not seem like much especially for the price, but you don’t need a lot of product at all
I was introduced to this product at the stand of Sephora and I m always being sceptic at first. I have tried several eye shadow primers and I was a fan of another brand, but Urban decay won over me :)It’s the second time I m buying this. It stays on literally all day, doesn’t create this annoying crease line on your eye, makes the eye shadow colour more intense and is friendly to my allergy-prone eyelids. One of my permanent make up choices from now on

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120121623710731/k2311a1220/12.20.13