Verizon Novatel Wireless USB 760 Internet Device
  • I usually purchase the 5GB plan because generally it's the best deal
  • I believe it's awesome not only for the initial installation, but it also makes it easier to use it on a different computer
  • I actually wouldn't recommend it if you plan to do a lot of downloading or videos
  • This can be an issue because if it shows you have more data, you may exceed it without knowing
  • With that being said everything else works well and I'm glad I bought it

• by John

The Novatel USB 760 is a mobile internet device, I use it with Verizon and it performs well! I use it occassionally with my laptop. The pre-paid data plans are a bit pricier than the post-paid, but I have no complaints about the price, particularly since they are pre-paid. The 100mb plan is 15 dollars, the 300mb plan is 30 dollars and the 5GB plan is 80 dollars. I usually purchase the 5GB plan because generally it’s the best deal.

The installation couldn’t have been easier! The USB 760 actually has the software saved on the device so it didn’t require a disc or any

downloading. When you plug it into your PC the installation screen comes up. I believe it’s awesome not only for the initial installation, but it also makes it easier to use it on a different computer. Once the installation is done, it adds the Verizon Access Manager, which allows you to establish a connection to the internet, change settings and purchase plans. I believe it’s awesome because you don’t have to call or get online to purchase plans, you can do so directly from the Access Manager.

It is a 3G, it doesn’t have the latest 4G capabilities, but it’s sufficient enough for what

I use it for. I don’t use it for a lot of downloading, but mostly for the basics such as emails. I actually wouldn’t recommend it if you plan to do a lot of downloading or videos. On average the connection is about 2MBPS. It is possible to load websites such as Youtube, but you’ll notice that there’s almost constant buffering and videos take minutes to load. It’s performance is quite disappointing for high bandwidth, which is why I wouldn’t suggest it for these purposes. However, it works very well with low bandwidth.

The size is perfect! It’s only about 2 inches long,

• Verizon Novatel Wireless USB 760 Internet Device
      I believe it’s perfect because it’s compact and it doesn’t take up much space. However, the design of the device does make it difficult to use a second USB port if your laptop has stacked USB ports. I also want to mention that it only functions on my laptop’s high-powered ports that are on the back, it doesn’t work on the low-powered side ports.

Altogether, I believe it’s awesome, but it has downsides as well. The usage meter in the access manager doesn’t always function. There’s sometimes a discrepancy between what the meter shows and the actual data that’s been used. It tends

to display less data than you’ve actually used. This can be an issue because if it shows you have more data, you may exceed it without knowing. I’ve contacted Verizon about this, but they don’t seem to have a fix for it. Another issue that I’ve noticed is with the signal. On average it gets about 3-4 signal bars, which is great, but the signal can change drastically with the slightest movements. It can switch between 1 and 4 bars, which is disappointing because it can affect the connection rate. With that being said everything else works well and I’m glad I bought it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2117121623600831/k2311a1217/12.17.13