Bush Reduced Sodium Pinto Beans  » Food  »
  • Although there’s a slight issue with canned beans
  • I think next time I will probably add some opinion and garlic to the mix to give the bean a little flavor
  • In my opinion they are no different than the original pinto beans
  • I would recommend this to someone who looking to enjoy Bushs beans without all the extra sodium

• by nitakb

I was introduced to Bush beans a few years back by my mother who absolutely loves Bush bean. I have been using them ever since. They are brand that you can not go wrong with when you are in a hurry for a meal or need something quick yet tasty to take with you to a get together or party. Although there’s a slight issue with canned beans. The amount of sodium that is usually used to cook or bake these beans is high enough to make a person’s

blood pressure go seriously up and it also makes a person hold on to water. I personally try to keep my sodium intake to a minimum.

One way I do is to buy canned goods with reduced sodium. This is how I came across Bush Reduced Sodium Pinto Beans. On the label they claim that the beans have fifty percent less sodium than their regular beans.

I used these beans in two different ways. The first way I used it as a side to a meal of baked chicken breast and fresh steamed broccoli. Upon opening the can I drained off some of liquid before pouring it into a sauce pan and heating it. It took about six minutes in total to heat up before serving with the rest of my meal.

These beans are not plain tasting but they are a notch down from the original. I wasn’t complied to turn up the salt shaker, but I was mixing with some of the seasoned rice I prepared for dinner. I think next time I will probably add some ...

• Bush Reduced Sodium Pinto Beans
      opinion and garlic to the mix to give the bean a little flavor.

The second way I eat these bean was using as an ingredient in beef stew. I used it to add some substance, and to make the stew a little more filling. Since the beef stew already has enough sodium, this complimented the beans just fine.

One serving which is about half a cup is one hundred calories with zero fat. There is two hundred and twenty calories, three hundred and ten milligrams, eighteen grams of carbs and zero

grams of sugar and zero grams of protein.

In the end I enjoyed these beans. They were simple and to the point and was true to their word about having less sodium than their original. In my opinion they are no different than the original pinto beans. In my opinion the only difference between these bean and the original beans is that they probably predrained the bean juice before canning them.

I would recommend this to someone who looking to enjoy Bushs beans without all the extra sodium.

I would recommend this to a friend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712121623360731/k2311a1212/12.12.13