Buddig Turkey Lunch Meat  » Food  »
  • I usually stick to Oscar Myers but as a person with an open mind I like try different things out
  • So to say I decided to give Buddig Turkey lunch meat
  • I figured I could use it make my favorite turkey wraps, flat bread melts and even a breakfast burrito for the week
  • Although I would still recommend to a friend

• by nitakb

I am a loving fan of Buddig lunch meat. After trying their honey ham I was curious about their Turkey deli meat. I usually stick to Oscar Myers but as a person with an open mind I like try different things out. Often times I turn into Turkey meat that is too salty, or lacking in the smoke flavor. So to say I decided to give

Buddig Turkey lunch meat.

I managed to catch it on sale for fifty cents per pack at Krogers. Since I was only trying it I brought only two. I figured I could use it make my favorite turkey wraps, flat bread melts and even a breakfast burrito for the week.

The turkey was a little on the salty side for my taste I didn’t expect it but eating a slice straight out the package provided it. It was like it was saturated in salty water. Even after rinsing with cold water it still had a great deal of salt involved. This was good because I could season everything that I combined it with. Felt great not adding any extra salt.

I also used the turkey meat to season fresh greens and spinach.

• Buddig Turkey Lunch Meat
      The Turkey meat also tasted good when in my homemade cheddar and mushroom wrap and also on a traditional BLT sandwich. I even tried it a grilled turkey melt which was simply scrumptious.

One serving, which is a whole package is ninety calories with forty-five being from fat. Thirty milligrams of cholesterol and six hundred milligrams of sodium. Two grams of carbs and one gram

of sugar with ten grams of protein. I wasn’t in the slightest bit surprised by the sodium content.

In the end I feel like I can buy this again, but not so much in the near future. I feel like I will stick to Buddig’s Honey Ham and not their turkey. I liked it but not so much to totally switch over.

Although I would still recommend to a friend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712121623330731/k2311a1212/12.12.13