Matrix biolage color care shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love high lighting them as it can change your personality, the way you feel about yourself gives you all together new look
  • Matrix is very reputed brand but I didn't even try single product from them so i decided to give it a try
  • I am not impressed with the packaging as the shampoo comes in a white bottle with flip open cap
  • I like the products which smells good, now a day's even anti-dandruff shampoos come with nice fragrance so I was disappointed
  • From my experience I think anyone with colored hair and dry scalp can opt for this shampoo but those with oily scalp will have to do additional things to clean your hair

• by Rajshree

I just love colored hair. I love high lighting them as it can change your personality, the way you feel about yourself gives you all together new look. If I get bored of my look, which is quite frequent, I change my hair color. But colored hair come with a lot of hair damage, dry and brittle hair. So I always look for good hair care products again I use shampoos and conditioners which are specifically designed for colored hair as they don’t damage my hair more rather take care and provide required nourishment to them. In mu search I came across Matrix biolage color care shampoo.

Matrix is very reputed brand but I didn’t even try single product from them so i decided to give it a try. I am not

impressed with the packaging as the shampoo comes in a white bottle with flip open cap. Though it’s hard plastic so shampoo is well secured in the bottle. It is clear shampoo, thin in consistency but not very runny. I hate runny shampoos as I end up spilling it everywhere in bathroom.

The shampoo has very strong unpleasant smell. I like the products which smells good, now a day’s even anti-dandruff shampoos come with nice fragrance so I was disappointed. But on plus point the smell does not linger behind, and I almost forget about the smell when I come out of shower. The shampoo lathers well and cleanse hair properly. The shampoo is very mild.

I guess it is specially designed for colored hair that’s why it is mild. To confirm this I read the description and found out that to restore the radiance of hair it is manufactured with low pH. I have this habit of oiling my hair once in a week to reverse the hair damage. I must mention that it is a mild shampoo so it does not clean oiled hair effectively. I have to use too much shampoo to clean my hair.

I came up with a solution for this problem. Whenever I oil my hair, I use a drop of normal shampoo in coin sized matrix shampoo to wash my hair. This way my hair get clean effectively. Once I got severe cold and I could not wash my hair for a week, my hair was greasy and complete mess. I washed my hair ...

• Matrix biolage color care shampoo
      with this shampoo alone.

My hair was smooth and shiny for a day or two. Later it got limp and flat. From this incidence I came to a conclusion that if you have oily scalp you should mix a drop of normal shampoo with this one otherwise your hair will turn flat within two days. I have dry skin and dry scalp so it doesn’t pose any problem to my hair. I get silky smooth hair after wash.

Natural bounce is there. Even I have lesser split ends and less hair breakage compared to other shampoos. I think this low pH thing is really working for my hair. Generally when I used to wash my hair with other shampoos, I ended up losing 1000 strands of my hair in bathroom but with

this shampoo I’m losing lesser hair while washing my hair. That’s why this shampoo has still maintained its place in my hair care routine.

From my experience I think anyone with colored hair and dry scalp can opt for this shampoo but those with oily scalp will have to do additional things to clean your hair. People with oily scalp can also use this shampoo alternately with their normal shampoo. It is totally up to you if you really want to do that hard work but again when it comes to take care of your hair you this investment is negligible, at least I wouldn’t mind doing that. I am giving 7 points to this shampoo, I have deducted one point for the horrible smell, one point for its mildness and one point for its inability to clean oily hair.

Matrix biolage color care shampoo
Rob says :

A word of caution when being introduced to any new hair colouring product. Do make sure you know your hair type as assume you know as that may prove to be a costly endeavour ( hair loss )There is no need to hurry as it is your own well being and there are times a product is making claims that are unfounded.Moving product is the bottom line and do be suspect. Be open minded and feel free to take your chances but small steps are the unwritten rule….

Marian says :

You’re absolutely right. Read what happened to this consumer : Horrible story.

Rob says :

Thank you Mirian.The wheels of society are complex at the best of time and we the consumer need ever to produce the caution flags..Being intimidated is one thing but being hurt is another ..Why should we encourage the same ?

Rajshree replies :

Thank you so much for your concern, I love to try new products so I always pick the products according to my skin and hair type, even I recommend the patch test before trying the new product, I always do that beforehand.

Rob says :

Dear Rajshree.A cautious approach will ever pay dividends.Unfortunately trust is a word that does t seem to apply.Maybe I am being too dramatic but it is just the way it is.Thank you for your comments..Rob

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111121623140731/k2311a1211/12.11.13