La Bouche (music group)
  • They released so many hits year after year that I think that it’s safe to say that they were one of those groups that dominated the club music scene back then
  • Each song was gold because it was a combination of Melanie Thornton’s powerful vocals and the smooth rapping of Lane Mckay coupled with amazing dance beats in the background
  • One of the things that I believe made La Bouche so successful was that unlike a lot of other electronic dance music groups they didn’t just release one song and sponge off of making remixes of it for the next couple years
  • My biggest regret about this group is that they didn’t get to stay together till now and I believe that was mostly cause by Melanie Thornton’s death despite the fact that she had left the group at one point
  • I would recommend the music of La Bouche to people who like electronic dance music from the nineteen nineties

• by Redtape

In the nineteen nineties, there was a revolution of club and electronic dance music. There were groups that I can remember had a number of hits and of course there were one or two one hit wonders, some of whom I’m still trying to find. However, the group La Bouche was one of those that took the dance world by storm. They released so many hits year after year that I think that it’s safe to say that they were one of those groups that dominated the club music scene back then. It was impossible to escape their songs wherever you went and even now I realise that a lot of people still play their music at parties. I even remember going to a rave last year where a couple of their songs in dubstep version were played.

In case you’re still not

familiar with the group I’m talking about, they were a German American dance group that released several popular songs during the nineteen nineties. Each song was gold because it was a combination of Melanie Thornton’s powerful vocals and the smooth rapping of Lane Mckay coupled with amazing dance beats in the background. Many groups had tried to imitate their style after that, but none ever seemed to be able to touch the level that they were at.

I’m not completely sure how the group began, how they met or how they even came up with the name La Bouche, but what I do know is that they surface some time circa nineteen ninety four with their single “Sweet Dreams” which seemd to be an instant hit on the club scene even though I was still just a very young child back then; but

I was definitely aware how popular it was because of the amount of airplay it was getting as well as how many people of different ages were singing it, even some of my friends. Another popular single that they released right after “Sweet Dreams” was the song “Be My Lover” which seemed to be even twice as popular. I remember hearing twice as many people singing that one and I can also recall hearing it play on the radio twice as much. Another song that they released was “Falling in Love”, even though I’m almost sure that a lot of people won’t necessarily remember that one. I could only remember hearing it a handful of times when it was released and it certainly did not have as much airplay as the rest. However, the song that I never forgot was “You Won’t Forget ...

• La Bouche (music group)
      Me”, because it was released somewhere around the end of the dance music revolution in the late nineteen nineties. The dance music was a little more evolved by then, but the reason why I think it had so much of an impact on me was because Melanie Thornton of La Bouche died just a couple years after in a plane crash.

One of the things that I believe made La Bouche so successful was that unlike a lot of other electronic dance music groups they didn’t just release one song and sponge off of making remixes of it for the next couple years. While I am aware that remixes are sometimes appreciated by listeners and fans, I’m also aware that one song can get very old no matter how many remixes has been made of it.

I also believe that they were successful because

they seemed to keep up with the dance music scene whereas even their sound changed with it. If you listen to the La Bouche from nineteen ninety five and compare it with the music of La Bouche in nineteen ninety seven their sound has changed quite a bit even though their style which everyone loves still remains the same.

My biggest regret about this group is that they didn’t get to stay together till now and I believe that was mostly cause by Melanie Thornton’s death despite the fact that she had left the group at one point. I realise that if they were together still performing, they would not have had as many popular releases, but many people would still have wanted to see them perform.

I would recommend the music of La Bouche to people who like electronic dance music from the nineteen nineties.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1410121623070731/k2311a1210/12.10.13