Elmer’s Guide Line Foam Core Board  » Other  »
  • I highly recommend using a small craft knife like an xacto knife and going over small sections at a time to get the best cut

• by Crystal

I use foam core boards for many projects I do. Sometimes I use large sheets of foam board and have to glue them together to make thicker foam boards and sometimes I use smaller foam boards that I need to make precise cuts on. Either way, the Guide Line boards are absolutely perfect. I must say, however if I am using foam boards for larger projects then it is not necessary to use the guide line because they are a bit more expensive than say… a standard plain foam board.

For my most recent

project I was making Christmas presents for family and had to cut precise lines on the foam board. The invisible grid cam in handy because I was able to make measurements where I needed to cut. The lines are very faint which means you can’t see them at a distance, so if you have to use the side that the lines are on then it comes in handy. For example, I had to line up pictures on the invisible grid and I needed them to be straight. Then I had to cut a section of the grid out. Being able to line up the picture initially with the lines came in handy. If you are cutting the full grid out then it doesn’t matter if you line them up straight but if you are making a larger project that requires everything to be straight on the foam board then you really need the lines to help you measure it up.

For one of my projects I mounted pictures and fully cut them out of the foam board so it wasn’t necessary to line up the pictures on ...

• Elmer's Guide Line Foam Core Board
      the grid lines. It is worth mentioning, though, that the foam board cuts wonderfully. I highly recommend using a small craft knife like an xacto knife and going over small sections at a time to get the best cut. If you use a dull knife, the foam will tear in the center and looked a little ragged. It isn’t that big of a deal but if you want the cut to look smooth and go through the foam with ease then your blade must be sharp. That only goes to show
      that the foam board is strong and durable.

My only complaint is that a lot of stores only sell the invisible grid in certain sizes. Most commonly I see the 20×30 size sold in most art supply and craft stores but they do make it in tri folds and other sizes as well. It would really come in handy to use the invisible grid on tri fold boards for school projects where multiple items need to line up with each other. I recommend this foam board as it is durable and reliable and highly aids in precision pasting.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 129121622980631/k2311a129/12.9.13