The First Years BPA Free 4 Piece Mickey Mouse Feeding Set  » Baby care  »
  • I truly believe that having his favorite characters on his feeding set takes a big part in how well he eats
  • I highly recommend not cutting food directly on the plate as I learned the hard way

• by Crystal

This Mickey Mouse feeding set by the First Years is perfect for my toddler. I started him off using this as his first feeding set and now at two years old he is still using it. Aesthetically, it is perfect for him. He absolutely loves Mickey Mouse and friends and that’s what this feeding set is all about. It has Toodles and Mickey on the main part of the plate as well as the clubhouse. The two ears have Goofy and Pluto and he loves to point them out at every meal. It is very colorful and the perfect size

for him. The bowl has Mickey on it as does the fork and Goofy is on the spoon. I truly believe that having his favorite characters on his feeding set takes a big part in how well he eats.

Aesthetics aside, it is completely functional. As I stated before, it is the perfect size for him. His favorite thing to eat in this plate is baked chicken fingers with barbeque sauce. He always points out Goofy and Pluto in the ears and asks me to put barbeque sauce in them. If I only put the sauce in one ear, he’ll point out the other ear and say that that character needs barbeque sauce too! It’s actually quite brilliant because the size of the ears is perfect for scooping the barbeque sauce without making a mess all over the place. We haven’t had any spilling issues and this is a toddler we are talking about.

The bowl is also the perfect size for him. I put everything from fruit to cereal in it and when he uses the spoon that comes with the set it coincides great. The walls of the bowl are high enough to enable him to scoop better but not so high ...

• The First Years BPA Free 4 Piece Mickey Mouse Feeding Set
      that he has trouble scooping from the bottom. The fork is also worth mentioning because I’ve purchased forks from other sets and they are a little too child friendly. In other sets we have trouble forking food because the tips are too rounded. These fork tips are dull enough to not poke him while still enabling him to get food on the fork when he stabs it.

The only thing I would point out as a negative is that you have to be very careful when cutting food. I highly recommend not cutting food directly on the plate as I learned the hard

way. We made the mistake of cutting his food directly on the plate and it cut into the coating that is otherwise very durable. Then when running it through the dishwasher it actually lifts the coating and peels the paint underneath. We actually need to get a new one of these since it is peeling too much now. Other than that, it is perfectly safe to run through the dishwasher and actually washes up quite well. Overall I recommend this to anyone with a toddler who loves Mickey Mouse. We bought ours from Babies R Us for around 13 USD.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 549121622840531/k2311a129/12.9.13