Gerber Graduates Finger Foods - Puffs  » Food  »
  • I think the amount of sugar used is minimal and really just enough to give it a slightly sweeter taste
  • He’s had a few gagging problems on some foods but never any issue with these
  • A health conscious mom can definitely appreciate the nutritional value of these ingredients
  • I highly recommend these to any parents out there wanting to give their child a safe and healthy snack

• by Crystal

I started my son on puffs when he was able to understand gumming and mashing food. I first started with the other brands that weren’t sweetened because they contained less sugar and I figured that these would make him hyper. My mother in law got him a pack of these and he immediately downed a handful of them and wanted more. He absolutely loved these, much more than the other brands. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the sugar had no effect on him whatsoever. I think the

amount of sugar used is minimal and really just enough to give it a slightly sweeter taste; which is probably why he likes them so much.

I have tried all the different brands myself and I have to say that there is a major taste difference. To me it isn’t just the sugar because I don’t think they taste overly sweet, but the actual flavor type comes through more in this brand. In other words, if you try the apple cinnamon ones of these versus the other brands, you can really taste a lot more of the apples and cinnamon in the Gerber brand.

These puffs really melt in your mouth too. My son has a tendency of over stuffing his mouth with food when he really likes something. He’s had a few gagging problems on some foods but never any issue with these. While we discourage him from stuffing them in his mouth, I feel very safe in knowing that if he does they will melt down in no time.

A bug bonus with these puffs too, is that they are ...

• Gerber Graduates Finger Foods - Puffs
      made with 8 vitamins and minerals. These include many of the B vitamins which are essential for growth and development and also electrolytic iron. Iron is one of those ingredients that is so important for a child to get. They get it from certain foods but if you have a picky eater than you have to find other ways for them to consume iron. These puffs are fortified with iron so they are getting additional iron in their diet. A health conscious mom can definitely appreciate the nutritional value
      of these ingredients. They are also made with whole grains which we know is extremely important in anyone’s diet.

Now at two years old I still give my son these with his breakfast and as a snack. He still gets very excited and routinely requests puffs as a side or as a snack. They are also much more reasonably priced than the other brands too at only 2.19 USD from my local shoprite. I highly recommend these to any parents out there wanting to give their child a safe and healthy snack.

Tomeka says :

I’m a mother of three children. Ages 4,3,2 they absolutely love Gerber Graduates puffs. I’m not really big on giving a little child sweets. That have artificial sugars and no health factors. These Gerber puffs Have so many great vitamins and nutrients in it.

Its fortified with iron Vitamin b and c. So not only does it help supply the nutrients a child needs in their daily diet. It’s a healthy fun snack that they actually enjoy eating. My kids love the banana and strawberry apple flavored ones.
For parents scared if they will choke on these. They wont they are tiny. The puffs actually dissolves in the mouth. So for parents that has kids that likes to stuff their mouths with food. No worries they do dissolve quickly.

Kelly Mead says :

re : I think the amount of sugar used is minimal and really just enough to give it a slightly sweeter taste
My daughter loves puffs and of course I’ve tasted them. I haven’t found that they were overly sweet at all. They have a little bit of sugar for sweetness but it’s not a lot. You can even find some that are organic and veggie flavored if you’re looking for something a little different than the usual snack time food.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272121622510231/k2311a122/12.2.13