Starbucks Iced Coffee and Milk
  • When I did my shoprite from home on line shopping order a few months back I was happy to receive a few of these starbucks bottles as promotional samples
  • My husband wasn’t entirely impressed with them but he said they were ok
  • I’m not typically an iced coffee fan when it comes to plain coffee as I like to get the flavored ones and when they are iced I like them to be pretty sweet
  • They are definitely comparable in sugars but still, the iced coffee is sweetened less
  • I think that since it is made with 2% milk it can satisfy a wide variety of taste buds and preferences

• by Crystal

When I did my shoprite from home on line shopping order a few months back I was happy to receive a few of these starbucks bottles as promotional samples. I was pleasantly surprised at how yummy these beverages are. My husband wasn’t entirely impressed with them but he said they were ok. I’m not typically an iced coffee fan when it comes to plain coffee as I like to get the flavored ones and when they are iced I like them to be pretty sweet. I’m used to the Starbucks Frappuccinos which are

very heavily sweetened and seem to be pretty heavy on the milk. This iced coffee beverage is not nearly as sweet as the fraps and not creamed even close to as heavily as the fraps are. However, I still thought they were pretty outstanding.

First of all, if you like the Fraps there is still a great chance you will like the coffee. I find that it is a lighter version of the frappuccinos that isn’t as heavy in the fat and sugars department. When I have the frappcucinos I feel like I am

having a fattier drink, but that’s not so with the iced coffees. They are definitely comparable in sugars but still, the iced coffee is sweetened less. I would’ve thought that lightly sweetened, as advertised on the bottle, wouldn’t be sweet enough for my taste buds. I was wrong! I actually think it is the perfect amount of sweetness.

If you don’t like the frappuccinos on the flip side, I still think you have a better chance of liking this iced coffee. Again my reasons are it isn’t overly sweet or as creamed as ...

• Starbucks Iced Coffee and Milk
      the fraps. I think it is the perfect medium between a frappucino and a standard cup of coffee. As I stated earlier I usually only like flavored iced coffees but with this one the plain is just lovely.

I also appreciate that it is made with 2% milk. Sometimes whole milk can mke a beverage feel overly fatty while a skim milk can make it taste watery. I think that since it is made with 2% milk it can satisfy a wide variety of taste buds and preferences. When people see that something

is made with whole milk; the health conscious folks may avoid at all costs. On the other hand, whole milk lovers would shudder to think their coffee was made with “water milk.”

I think that this iced coffee is a great addition to the starbucks line of iced coffees. It is conveniently sold at my local shoprite for a moderate price of 1.99 USD. It’s not something I would indulge in everyday at this price point but it is great to have as a treat. It’s definitely cheaper than going to Starbucks and ordering up your favorite latte.

Azriel says :

This iced coffee is indeed better than any other canned or bottled iced coffee in grocery stores. I liked that this is available not only in starbucks shop but then, since the price comes in at almost $ 2, it is not very wise to indulge yourself in it often. The taste is good, yes but it is rather too sweet at times too, than other brands I tried that are, well much cheaper. After all, If you are a coffee lover, you would like other brands that highlight the coffee taste more than the milk or sweetness added to them.

susan nowak says :

Star bucks is just great, can not believe they did not come out like to years earlier than when I started. I am not in to coffee all that much, but one of these will get you hooked for a long time. Especially the cold types, they are fantastic, all the different flavors, and if you go in to star bucks instead of buying at the grocery store your in for a big surprise, its like coffee heaven smiles. endless flavors, as much and as little as you desire. Anyway they are the best.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272121622490231/k2311a122/12.2.13