Fiskars Package Opener Plus More with Snap In Screw Driver  » Hardware  »
  • Having batteries right then and there is another issue but the product itself is a must buy in my book, especially at such a great price point

• by Crystal

I can’t tell you how many times I have tried to open those annoying heavy weight plastic packages that are pretty much used to package everything now a days, only to wind up extremely frustrated in the end. I usually grab a pair of the strongest scissors I can find and just try to chomp through the curled over plastic and anyone who has opened these packages knows just how hard it is. I feel like I am working at it forever just to get a simple little item out

of its packaging. When I saw this item on Amazon for only 8 USD I knew I had to give it a try. Let me just tell you it is a godsend!

It takes me literally a few seconds to get these packages open now. The blades on the package opener plus the unique way the blades are angled allow me to cut through pretty much all the plastic packaging I’ve come across with so much simplicity. It really glides over the plastic very smoothly and doesn’t rip and tear into it making super sharp edges along the way. You do have to be very careful with the blades though because they are extremely sharp. You do NOT want to get your finger in there or let any little ones near it. There is a safety lock on it so it doesn’t open on its own and the mechanism is very easy to use. It’s also effective at keeping it closed and hasn’t failed yet.

I feel the need to point out that this is a package opener ...

• Fiskars Package Opener Plus More with Snap In Screw Driver
      and not a box opener. If you want to open smaller boxes that could be cut then this will cut through it just fine but if you are trying to open a big box, this mechanism doesn’t open all the way so you can’t use it like open scissors or a box cutter. Not a big deal for me though.

So many times I have tried to open kids’ toys and have found those annoying plastic strips that scissors can’t angle themselves in to and wind up fidgeting yet

again. These openers are angled just right and are small enough to get into the nooks and crannies of most toys, enabling you to snip the extra little ties and parts. It is also equipped with a mini snap in Philips head/flat head screwdriver. It has come in handy so many times after opening packages because we can just open the battery compartments right after. Having batteries right then and there is another issue but the product itself is a must buy in my book, especially at such a great price point.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 332121622380131/k2311a122/12.2.13