Scotch Pop Up Tape Strips
  • When they first came out the dispenser wasn’t considered cheap and the 12 pack of refills cost over 10 dollars USD
  • I know from experience that I am always seeming to lose my tape
  • I still find it to be more convenient than to just use a regular dispenser though

• by Crystal

When I was working at the corporate offices of a large office supply company we often got samples from vendors of their newest products. I was fortunate to get a large handful of pop up tape strip dispensers from our 3M vendor. (3M makes Scotch) I already knew Scotch was a great brand when it came to tape and with the addition of this item to their product line I am even more impressed. They have been out for several years now and have greatly reduced in price. When they first came out the dispenser wasn’t considered cheap and the 12

pack of refills cost over 10 dollars USD. That’s a lot of money to pay for refill packs of tape, considering you don’t get a lot of yardage from it. However, now that prices have gone down and you can currently buy a 12 pack of refills from Amazon for under 6 USD, it is worth it to purchase them at the cheaper rate.

For starters, it makes Christmas time present wrapping a breeze. I know from experience that I am always seeming to lose my tape. It’s either under a roll of wrapping paper or just magically relocates itself to the other

side of the table. The pop up tape strips have a handy armband that allows you to attach it to your wrist. I’ll admit a few times I’ve forgotten it’s on my wrist and looked all around for it, but that’s only my fault. That also goes to show that it is very comfortable to wear and you can’t even feel that it’s there. I find that important for an item that is bulky and you will be wearing on your wrist.

It also makes present wrapping easier because of the pre cut tape pieces. They are all about 2 inches long ...

• Scotch Pop Up Tape Strips
      and are the perfect size for wrapping gifts with. The only downside is that when you are taping something that requires less tape then you either have to manually cut the tape in half with scissors or just use the whole piece which can be wasteful. I still find it to be more convenient than to just use a regular dispenser though.

Another great aspect is that the arm band stays in place too. From the looks of it you would think that when you pull a piece of tape out, it would wind up twisting the armband to the other side of your

wrist. This has not happened to me once. It always stays exactly where I want it.

The only downside I’ve found is that on the rare occasion the tape strip doesn’t pop out and gets caught on top of another tape strip, it may take awhile to separate them. I’ve wasted a few pieces of tape by trying to unstuck them because I have to dig deeper into the pad to separate the tape. If that happens, you have to open up the dispenser and fiddly around with the tape until it comes apart. It’s a minor nuisance for an otherwise great product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122121622370131/k2311a122/12.2.13