Melissa and Doug Scratch Art Paper Multicolor (50 sheets)  » Baby care  »
  • I have not been disappointed with anything they have made and these papers are on my list of cool art supplies for young ones
  • They are a little thicker than regular printer paper so you definitely have to be careful when using it
  • I don’t recommend using this with children under the age of 4 unless they are very careful with their toys and crafts, otherwise they will probably tear through the paper and be upset that they ruined their art project
  • I think it makes a great bonding experience and art project with kids

• by Crystal

Let me start off by saying that I am a huge Melissa and Doug fan. Any item I’ve purchased from them has proven to be durable and well made. I have not been disappointed with anything they have made and these papers are on my list of cool art supplies for young ones.

First I have to point out though that these are NOT scratch boards. You can’t buy these and expect them to have a sturdy back that holds the paper. They are a little thicker than regular printer paper so you definitely have

to be careful when using it. If you’re not, they will rip easier. If you are looking for a solid backed item then this is not it. That being said, they do hold up reasonably well to the scratching for thin paper. As long as you aren’t super rough with it then they won’t tear.

I don’t recommend using this with children under the age of 4 unless they are very careful with their toys and crafts, otherwise they will probably tear through the paper and be upset that they ruined their art project. I did try it with my 8 year old niece and 6 year old nephew and they both had a great time with it. Neither of them scratched through the paper and they both really liked their finished product. It only comes with one stylus and honestly I just gave the older one a wooden chopstick and told her to be careful with it. It pretty much worked the same way as the stylus. That’s a great idea to keep in mind when you are working with more than one child. This way ...

• Melissa and Doug Scratch Art Paper Multicolor (50 sheets)
      they don’t have to share the stylus and you don’t have to order an extra pack just for a small piece of wood.

Durability aside, the colors are very bold and vibrant. There is a widespread color range throughout and the variety and bright shades of colors do not disappoint. You are sure to scratch through multiple colors in a single line. My niece and nephew were very intrigues by the idea that they can write in color on a black piece of paper. The only thing is that you obviously can’t undo

what’s been done so if they don’t like a line they made you either have to tweak it so the design works or they have to be given a completely new piece of paper.

You can buy this straight from the Melissa and Doug website for 32 USD but I find that it is frequently not in stock. Apparently it beats most price points for basic scratch papers and has become a very popular item. I think it makes a great bonding experience and art project with kids. I have even made my own pictures with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 542121622360131/k2311a122/12.2.13