Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice - Jasmine
  • If you’re a fan of Jasmine rice but aren’t a rice cooker then I highly recommend giving this product a try
  • It is probably my favorite rice on the market today
  • I’ve tried some of the other flavors and while they are all decent, this one by far is the best
  • I have to say though that it is definitely not overpowering but it gives the true taste of an authentic Thai jasmine rice
  • As long as you vent the bag, you won’t have a problem

• by Crystal

If you’re a fan of Jasmine rice but aren’t a rice cooker then I highly recommend giving this product a try. It is probably my favorite rice on the market today. I’ve never been good at cooking rice. I always have to buy the precooked rice that you can either boil in a few minutes or microwave.

I was hesitant to try ready rice because at the time I didn’t think a microwaved rice could be that good but I was pleasantly surprised. This rice introduced me to microwaved rice and now I am a loyal fan of it.

/> I’ve tried some of the other flavors and while they are all decent, this one by far is the best.

Obviously, you have to like the flavor of Jasmine because it really comes through in this rice. I have to say though that it is definitely not overpowering but it gives the true taste of an authentic Thai jasmine rice. It also doesn’t get overly sticky but has enough texture and moisture to satisfy.

One thing I like about thai type rices is that it has some stickiness to it. Sometimes rice products can be overly sticky though, to

the point of mush and then it’s just not good. This ready rice has just the right amount of stickiness without being gooey.

I first used this rice when I made one of the Pf Changs frozen meals that doesn’t come with rice. This was the perfect complement to it. The whole family enjoyed its rich flavor and texture.

IT went perfectly with the asian spices and orange flavors brought about by the PF changs’s meal. One thing that is very important to point out though is that compared to regular rices, you do not get a lot for your ...

• Uncle Ben's Ready Rice - Jasmine
      money. It costs about 2 and change USD for only 2 cups of rice.

It may not seem like a lot but when you compare it to what you would be paying for rice you have to actually cook; it definitely adds up. If you are cooking it for just two people then it is the perfect amount of rice but as soon as you add another person into the mix you have to make two packages. That then becomes over 4 dollars for a side of rice for 3 people! You are definitely paying for convenience with this

rice but at least it lives up to its flavor.

Another important thing to point out is that you have to make sure you vent it before you put it in the microwave. I made the mistake once of forgetting to rip the top of the bag to allow air to escape while it’s microwaving and I wound up with a microwave full of popped rice. The steam built up and exploded the bag resulting in rice all over.

As long as you vent the bag, you won’t have a problem. All in all, I recommend this rice for smaller meals.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2729111622180230/k2311a1129/11.29.13