Thor: The Dark World (movie)  » Movies  »
4.8
  • When I saw it on Sunday, I was thrilled despite the fact that I had missed a few minutes of the beginning because I thought that it had exceeded my expectations
  • I’m going to admit that the movie wasn’t perfect, but I enjoyed it very much and I can’t wait to see it again on blue ray this time
  • The visual effects, costuming and the scenery also impressed me even though I don’t believe that I was able to experience it much since I had a bad seat in the theatre since I arrived late and had to be craning my head for the most part
  • Nevertheless, I would still recommend this film to Thor fans

• by Redtape

I’ve been looking forward to seeing the movie Thor: The Dark World ever since I figured out that there was going to be another one even before it had begun to film. I was also looking forward to it when I understood that Loki was going to be one of the main characters, even though I was troubled by rumours on the internet that there was going to be a major character death. When I saw it on Sunday, I was thrilled despite the fact that I had missed a few minutes of the beginning because I thought that it had exceeded my expectations. I’m going to admit that the movie wasn’t perfect, but I enjoyed it very much and I can’t wait to see it again on blue ray this time.

In case you didn’t hear about what the movie would be about, first of all it’s the sequel to the first movie “Thor”, so it’s probably best you make yourself familiar with the

prequel as well as the movie “Avengers” in order to fully understand the characters and their pasts. In this one dark elves led by the ancient Malekith are the villains since they decide to use an ancient relic called the Aether to eliminate Earth and Asgard and plunge everything into a terrible darkness. Loki is imprisoned in Odin’s dungeon for his crimes in New York in the movie “The Avengers”, but is soon petitioned by Thor his brother to help him stop the dark elves and destroy the Aether.

I thought that the actor Tom Hiddleston helped make this movie even more epic than what it already was since his colourful character, Loki brought more life to it. I’m not saying this as one of the countless females who is very in love with him or his character, but as a huge fan of good fantasy movies and books. For example, I loved the way that Loki reacted to his mother’s death when a guard gives him the news as he waits in his cell. I believed it was one of the most emotional parts of the movie since his last words to her were very cutting and I’m sure he both regretted what was said and didn’t believe the words that had come from his mouth. I also liked the way that he reacted to the escapes from Odin’s prison since there was a small amount of comedy thrown in, especially when he pointed them to the direction of his family.

The visual effects, costuming and the scenery also impressed me even though I don’t believe that I was able to experience it much since I had a bad seat in the theatre since I arrived late and had to be craning my head for the most part. However, I was in love with the art work that portrayed Asgard, to the point where I wished that I could visit the place even though it doesn’t really exist.

• Thor: The Dark World (movie)
      The costuming was also impressive to me because nothing about it looked fake. Perhaps the only costumes in the entire movie that I didn’t really like were the dark elves since I didn’t think that they looked all that convincing.

What I loved the most out of the entire movie though was the plot, even though I thought that the movie should have been longer. When I first heard a summary of the plot a little before it was released, even though I was looking forward to seeing it, I was still fairly sceptical about whether or not it would actually be enjoyable, but I have to admit it was, especially when the dark elves finally reached Earth and Malekith began to use the Aether. I still felt it was a bit too short since I wanted the world of the dark elves to be explored more, as well as even the relationship between Loki and his mother Frigga.

Another thing that I didn’t

quite like about Thor 2: The Dark World was the ending. I remember hearing that they had to film the ending over a little before it was released, which made me even more curious about what the movie would entail or be like. However, after watching it, even though I didn’t think it was terrible I’m still not too thrilled about it. In one of the final scenes, Loki dies, but we realise he isn’t really dead since he poses as Odin while he speaks to Thor. That scene resolved the conflict of Loki’s death, but I didn’t feel that it had the effect it was going for.

Overall, while I liked the movie, I have to admit that it felt very incomplete watching it, and I would rather a very long movie that takes some time to get to a great climax that I would always remember, rather than a short and incomplete one. Nevertheless, I would still recommend this film to Thor fans.

Andrew Leither says :

Your information was precise and accurate. I have not yet seen the movie and before I take a look at it I will have a look at it’s trailer and decide. I love the way you expressed yourself so easily and giving out the negative slant to a good action plot thank you for sharing this with us.

bammie says :

Too lottle about film. Little plot and other information given. Not helpful

vida says :

re : I’m going to admit that the movie wasn’t perfect, but I enjoyed it very much and I can’t wait to see it again on blue ray this time
By not perfect , you mean the story line or the special effects? did you find error in the editing? I love to do that.

Begimai says :

re : Nevertheless, I would still recommend this film to Thor fans
Yes, you say it right. I am also delighted. Know that there is a lot to see. When you watch you still want to see…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1127111622121030/k2311a1127/11.27.13