Elmer’s 3D Washable Glitter Glue Pens  » Other  »
  • I think that will happen with any glitter glue pen
  • One thing I noticed with these glue pens though is that they are runnier than the Crayola ones
  • It’s not a necessity but definitely an added bonus from the Crayola line

• by Crystal

I’ve done a lot of Christmas stocking decorating and when my brand of choice was unavailable at my local store I came across this brand. Overall I am very pleased with this glue with the exception of a few flaws. As a positive; it is a solid glue that adheres very well and lives up to the Elmer’s name. I did a stocking for me, my husband and my son and they all came out pretty well.

I did notice that it shrinks up a little bit more than other glues though but it didn’t make that much of a difference in the final product. What I mean is

that when it dries, the finished lines are far less thick than when first applied. That happens with the usual Crayola glue pens that I use as well so it is comparable in that area.

I think that will happen with any glitter glue pen. One thing I noticed with these glue pens though is that they are runnier than the Crayola ones. I had to put on a reasonably thick amount for my son’s stocking because it is a thicker fur and I noticed that the glue will smear into itself easier than others.

I also noticed that as I am writing with it and I want to end a line, I have to be extra careful with it. A few times when I wanted to end the line I wound up lifting to quickly and got little strings across my product. On the flip side it does wipe up extremely easily and therefore the mistakes were much easier to correct.

When it is wet, it is fully washable which came in handy when I had to redo a stocking by my own error. The trick to ending a line is to push a little extra out and kind of swirl it at the same time. If not, the glue will either cut itself short and ...

• Elmer's 3D Washable Glitter Glue Pens
      you won’t wind up with a long enough line or it will drag across the project.

Once you get the technique down it really isn’t that bad. The applicator could be a little more precise and skinnier but it’s fine to work with. The colors are wonderful to choose from.

The only thing I didn’t like is that the blue is more of a bright neon blue as opposed to a darker more toned down blue. The gold is absolutely perfect for Christmas stocking decorating. I did mine in gold and we agreed that it looks beautiful.

The other colors are great as well but the gold

really stands out. One thing I would add to this to make it last longer is a plug that goes under the tip. Other brands have this to keep it from drying out and I truly believe it gives the glue a longer life.

It is added protection from the elements. It’s not a necessity but definitely an added bonus from the Crayola line. I’ve seen these sold for anywhere from 3 to 8 USD at many different stores.

It’s just a gamble which store you go to but I think they are worth the price – whatever you pay for them as long as you take the proper artistic precautions.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1226111622030830/k2311a1126/11.26.13