The Croods (movie)  » Movies  »
  • I loved the visuals and the animation to the point where I thought that it was one of the best aspects of “The Croods”
  • However, some of the humour that wasn’t slapstick resulted from situations such as Grug not liking his mother-in-law, as well as the budding relationship and sexual tension between Guy and his daughter, which I think would appeal to a much older and mature audience
  • I would definitely recommend the movie “The Croods” to families looking for a nice animated movie to watch, as well as adults who are looking for a movie that their children would enjoy

• by Redtape

There was a point in my life where I stayed clear of a lot of 3D animated movies because of two reasons. The first was that I stupidly thought that traditional 2D animation seemed to be becoming obsolete, as well as I just plain didn’t like a lot of movies that were being generated by Disney Pixar. These days I find that I’m a lot more open-minded when it comes to animation on a whole, even though it’s still a little difficult for me to watch a lot of 3D animated films. That’s why it took me so long to watch “The Croods” since I guess that in the back of my mind there was already a preconceived notion that I wouldn’t like it. When I finally forced myself to watch it though I realised that it was a great movie.

One of the main reasons why I

loved “The Croods” so much is because the plot is a little different from many of the animated movies I’ve watched as well as the setting and the challenges that the characters have to face. The movie is supposed to be set millions of years ago when human beings still lived in caves and many plants and animals were in their second or third stage of evolution. In it, a young woman named “Eep” lives with her family, who are encouraged to be cautious by her father as a means of keeping alive. However, one night her adventurous spirit gets the better of her and she meets another human being named “Guy” who eventually teaches her and her entire family how to live and enjoy life and not just keep alive.

I loved the visuals and the animation to the point where I thought that it was one of the best aspects of “The Croods”. That was a little strange because when the movie began, I didn’t think that it was spectacular. However, as soon as the family’s cave is destroyed by an earthquake caused by an impending volcanic eruption, a different more colourful world is exposed to their line of sight. It is then that drawings such as animals and exotic trees become absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. I also realised that it was the detail as well that was placed into all of these objects that made everything look so great.

As the movie progressed, I also discovered that many of the characters were developed quite well and were somewhat relatable despite the difference in time in the setting. For example, there was the father’s character who was a little stuck in his more traditional way of doing things, which was hiding from anything that was new ...

• The Croods (movie)
      and unusual which ended up creating a difference in opinion between him and his daughter who was more adventurous. That is more than a little reminiscent of many modern father and daughter relationships.

There was also the relationship between Grug and Guy, which seemed strained at first, since Grug was so used to being the dominant one, having people listen to him and follow his direction. However when Guy comes into the picture and the people realise that he has great ideas and teaches people how to live instead of survive, Grug becomes jealous and tries to prove himself to his followers like a lot of dominant males of different species would.

Of course, I also liked the humour presented in the movie despite the fact that it wasn’t the type of humour that made me belly laugh or even roll on the floor laughing. Most of it

was a bit of a childish slapstick humour that brought a smile to my face most times. However, some of the humour that wasn’t slapstick resulted from situations such as Grug not liking his mother-in-law, as well as the budding relationship and sexual tension between Guy and his daughter, which I think would appeal to a much older and mature audience.

Perhaps the only thing that I wasn’t too thrilled about when watching “The Croods” was the trailer, which I think did absolutely nothing for the movie, since it was so bland that I ended up passing over it several times and having the impression that the movie itself would be nothing special and thereafter forgot it even existed.

I would definitely recommend the movie “The Croods” to families looking for a nice animated movie to watch, as well as adults who are looking for a movie that their children would enjoy.

Asif says :

Yeah the movie was just great.First I thought it would be a movie that will show us men’s older lifestyles.So I was a little interested to see how we survived millions of years ago.But you know I found something very speacial there.You remember what “Guy” said? He said “Always follow the light”.I saw how “Guy” maid “The Croods” out of there dark life learn them how to enjoy the life.Once “The Croods” was afraid of a little animal but latter when they got out of dark they maid some big hunter animals their pet became fearless.That means “Get out of dark,face your fair make your life easier”.

Azriel says :

I did not expect to love this movie as much as I did. It just did not seem like all wonderful especially the title and the somewhat presentation of a caveman family. I thought there couldn’t have been any story good enough but this movie is a wow. The action scenes, the fatherly love that protects, the end of the world situation, and it sure has moved a lot of hearts as well as make people laugh with the injection of some really funny scenes. This movie was never boring and it has kept my attention to it from start to finish.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1125111621881030/k2311a1125/11.25.13