Demi Lovato (singer)  » People  »
  • It’s a hard question to answer, since I’m not quite sure if I know the answer myself
  • Another thing that I believe attracts me to the work of this singer and actress is that she seems to be a lot more genuine as an artist than a lot of the other child star products of the Disney Channel such as even Vanessa Hudgens for example
  • This is further shown when I notice that she doesn’t try to over-compensate for a lack of talent or to try to get attention by over-sexualising herself like some others such as Miley Cyrus or even sometimes, Selena Gomez
  • I even gained a lot more respect for her when she became a philanthropist and began speaking out on the problem of bullying
  • Therefore, I would recommend her music to people who like pop-rock since her music is both catchy, and the lyrics are relatable

• by Redtape

The first time I heard of the singer and actress Demi Lovato was a couple years ago when I heard her name on the cable television channel Disney. Now at the time I was an adult and had almost no interest in watching most children’s programmes, and so I guess that the name just passed me by at that point. It didn’t even make a difference when I had heard her songs being played on the radio, since I wasn’t really interested in that type of music. However, the singer and actress got my interest when there was a scandal that she was cutting herself. It was only after that when I became interested in knowing who this Demi Lovato person was.

In 2008, when the movie “Camp Rock” first came out, even though I was just out of my teenage years, I still had almost no interest in seeing the movie since the few

scenes that I had seen from it at the time made it feel like a very childish movie. To make things much worse, it was apparently a musical too, and I generally don’t like that genre of movie. I later learned though that it was Demi Lovato who had played one of the main roles in the movie as the budding singer Mitchie Torres, and that this was her breakthrough role long before she had become known for much other things. I understand that it was only a little after that where she released her first popular music album called “Don’t Forget”. I can even remember when she went on tour with the musical group “The Jonas Brothers”, who were also much more popular at the time, and I can remember too seeing bits and pieces of her performances being highlighted on the Disney Channel.

Nevertheless, even though I still didn’t know who she was and I was not a fan of her music at the time, I can still remember a few of her popular songs at the time that I would hear playing on the radio. One single that I can remember specifically was her song “Skyscraper”, which I had actually liked even though I was more interested in hardcore rock and metal. As of recently, her song “Heart Attack” which was released in the early part of 2013 has been one of my most played songs ever since I fell in love with it after I heard it playing for the first time.

People have asked me what it is about Demi Lovato’s songs that interests me despite the fact that I don’t usually listen to that kind of mainstream music, and this is especially since I was never a fan of hers from the start. It’s a hard question to answer, since I’m not ...

• Demi Lovato (singer)
      quite sure if I know the answer myself. However, what I do know is that I find a lot of her songs catchy to the point where I’ve even caught myself singing one or two of them unconsciously. Another thing that I appreciate about her music is that I find some of her songs relatable. A huge example is the song “Heart Attack” that I mentioned previously. Believe it or not, I’ve been in a situation quite similar to the point of view that she sings from in the song, so I remember that the first time that I heard it being played in a restaurant I couldn’t help but think that it described my feelings accurately.

the Disney Channel such as even Vanessa Hudgens for example. I feel that she has a lot more talent especially as a musician, so I don’t feel as if she’s just another product that is trying to be marketed by a multi-billion dollar company. This is further shown when I notice that she doesn’t try to over-compensate for a lack of talent or to try to get attention by over-sexualising herself like some others such as Miley Cyrus or even sometimes, Selena Gomez. I even gained a lot more respect for her when she became a philanthropist and began speaking out on the problem of bullying.

I’ve spoken to a few other people with some of the same tastes as me who like Demi Lovato’s music, and they have similar opinions on why they like it. Therefore, I would recommend her music to people who like pop-rock since her music is both catchy, and the lyrics are relatable.

Sandra Elaine Lombog says :

The first time I saw Demi was from a Disney Channel show that my cousin have always tuned on. She was a funny actress there. And then we have watched her movie Camp rock. I was not really a fan of her, but my cousin is so we watched her movie together. After watching it, I realized that I have been singing her songs for few days. The story of the movie is good too. After Disney I heard Demi as a singer too. I have always watched her music videos from MTV and some of it became my favorite too. She is a good singer for me, I love the genre of her songs.

William Clumsy says :

True. From her start in disney, she has come far. So far, she has not gone in any bad way or into any trouble (such as drugs, alcohol abuse, smoking, etc.). This is great because there are TOO MANY singers/actors who have died early or wrecked their careers with this.

redtape replies :

Actually, I remember at one point it was discovered that she was self-mutilating. I even read several articles where she claimed to have a cocaine addiction, plus when Phillip Seymour Hoffman died recently she tweeted something that sympathised with him as if she went through it herself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5222111621730830/k2311a1122/11.22.13