Clancy’s All Natural Jalapeno Kettle Chips
  • I like how kettle chips are typically derived from thicker potato cuts, have slightly fewer calories and tend to be crunchier
  • What I don't like about kettle chips however is the prices that they typically sell at, which can be anywhere from fifty to one dollar and fifty cents more than regular potato chips, depending on the flavor of the chips and the store
  • I find this to be a fairly good value in light of the price and quality of the chips as compared to what the name brand jalapeno kettle chips cost at other supermarkets
  • They are a little on the hot side at times, but it's still pretty easy to snack on these chips without having a drink to go along with them, so they definitely aren't anywhere near being fiery hot
  • I would recommend the chips to any person that likes both kettle chips and jalapeno-flavored foods

• by CirclingCanvas

I’m someone that prefers kettle chips over regular potato chips. I like how kettle chips are typically derived from thicker potato cuts, have slightly fewer calories and tend to be crunchier. What I don’t like about kettle chips however is the prices that they typically sell at, which can be anywhere from fifty to one dollar and fifty cents more than regular potato chips, depending on the flavor of the chips and the store. At ALDI Food Market stores, there too kettle chips sell for a slightly higher price than traditional potato chips, but the price for a bag of kettle chips there as compared to at other grocery stores is a steal. For one

dollar and seventy-nine cents, I can pick up an eight point five ounce bag. I find this to be a fairly good value in light of the price and quality of the chips as compared to what the name brand jalapeno kettle chips cost at other supermarkets.

Clancy’s All Natural Jalapeno Kettle Chips make for a pleasant snack or nice side when having lunch. The bag itself gives off a pretty decently strong aroma of jalapenos upon opening it up and the jalapeno flavor of the kettle chips themselves is on the mild side. This is where one of the few issues I have with these chips surface: some seem to have more jalapeno flavor than

others, so some of the kettle chips are a bit blander than others while others have a stronger taste. I would have preferred if the jalapeno flavor was more evenly distributed across the bag of chips. They are a little on the hot side at times, but it’s still pretty easy to snack on these chips without having a drink to go along with them, so they definitely aren’t anywhere near being fiery hot.

The kettle chips themselves come in a bunch of different sizes and shapes. Some of the chips are a bit big while others are on the small side. What I kind of don’t like is how some seem contorted into weird ...

• Clancy's All Natural Jalapeno Kettle Chips
      shapes where rather than being open, the chips appear almost like in narrow “U” type shapes and sometimes more than one chip is stuck overlapping with another. Fortunately, that’s not too common in the bags I buy. Freshness and crunchiness are two other important qualities I look for in a chip and this brand always comes across as being fresh and the chips have a definite crunch to them. One I buy a bag, it’s typically gone in about a week and a half, and the kettle chips taste as fresh on the day I finish up the bag as they did on the day I started the bag. I may simply not give them a chance to go stale, but that has never been an issue that I’ve had with these chips.

Although I feel these jalapeno kettle chips could stand some improvements, I still buy them because the issues I have with them are relatively minor. Additionally, they happen to be the cheapest jalapeno kettle chips in my area, and the quality is good enough to justify me buying them over the name brands that also offer this flavor of kettle chip. I like the value of this brand’s kettle chips and that’s why I continue to buy one or sometimes two bags a month. I would recommend the chips to any person that likes both kettle chips and jalapeno-flavored foods.

Ruby says :

re : I would recommend the chips to any person that likes both kettle chips and jalapeno-flavored foods
I absolutely love these chips Every time I go to the grocery store, I have to pick up at least one bag of these. And as soon as i return, they are immediately devoured by my family. They really are a must have for me and many of my friends families. I no doubt would recommend these chips to anyone looking for a crunchy snack with a little extra flavor. They are not too spicy, nor too dull. They are the perfect happy medium for a chip. Also, I love love love this brand of chips in general I have never tried a flavor that I didn’t like. Not to mention that I am a pretty tough chip critic I hope you all enjoy them as much as my family and i do

CirclingCanvas replies :

I agree I really like the fact that these chips are hot enough to have a kick to them but not so hot that they leave me scrambling for something to drink. There is sufficient jalapeno flavor to make the chips enjoyable without going overboard to the point where they are too spicy. They go fast at my house, too

Eric says :

re : I like how kettle chips are typically derived from thicker potato cuts, have slightly fewer calories and tend to be crunchier
I agree, I normally get kettle cooked over regular, because of the distinct difference of them, as you stated.

CirclingCanvas replies :

I highly prefer Kettle Chips over regular potato chips, but I can still enjoy both, and I do, especially since Kettle Chips usually don’t come in as many different flavors as regular chips do… yet, that is Give companies time, and eventually, Kettle Chips will come in just as many flavors as regular potato chips

Tim Ertol says :

I also love the audible crunch that you get from kettle chips. I’ve eaten Clancy’s (Reduced fat) for about a year now, and I love their chips.

CirclingCanvas replies :

Best not to try and snack on these chips with a light sleeper nearby because they are indeed quite crunchy

Jennifer Davis says :

Lol, my husband would agree with you. We were watching a movie and he fell asleep only to be woken by the sound of me crouching on these chips. Definitely not a chip that should be eaten around sleeping people. Also, sometimes eating these chips hurt my teeth, not every bite, but there were times when biting down on these chips was almost painful. Did you experience this too?

CirclingCanvas replies :

Biting down on these chips only hurts me when a chip gets broken into a jagged piece and the angle of the piece cuts into my gum. Chips that are along the harder side tend to do that, and that is painful. Fortunately, it doesn’t happen too, too, often, otherwise I probably wouldn’t buy these chips at all.

carol says :

re : They are a little on the hot side at times, but it’s still pretty easy to snack on these chips without having a drink to go along with them, so they definitely aren’t anywhere near being fiery hot
I do not know if you changed the ingredients of the jalapeno chips. But to me they really do not taste as good as they have in the past. The chips do not taste as spicy as the use too.

CirclingCanvas replies :

I haven’t purchased them for a month or two now, but the last time I bought them, I don’t recall noticing a change. If the ingredients have changed, then that’s a shame, because I’ve always enjoyed these chips. Next time I buy them and have them, I’ll leave another message here with my thoughts on whether I notice a difference or not.

Tea says :

I agree with the fact that the Jalapeno flavored chips don’t taste as good as they use to. This is the only flavor that I eat and is totally dissatisfied with the bag I bought 11/25/2015. I chopped it up as a bad bag and hope I don’t have to experience this again. I like flavored chips and don’t want plain chips…

CirclingCanvas replies :

I would recommend taking it back to the Aldi that you purchased it from and ask for an exchange. Aldi is really good when it comes to handling customer concerns and issues. Express your dissatisfaction to a manager and that manager should follow the Double Guarantee policy and refund your money and replace the product. If the new bag that you get tastes just as unsatisfactory, then you may have to opt for more expensive jalapeno-flavored chips at a grocery chain like Walmart, if you wish to continue to purchase jalapeno chips.

quick note by anonymous :

I think that is a problem almost all brands and flavours of chips has. It is nice getting them with a strong flavour but not nice to get them with no flavour at all.

CirclingCanvas replies :

Even if a particular kind of chip doesn’t have an overly strong flavor, I may still consider it to be worth purchasing. As long as the flavor is sufficient enough for me to enjoy, and I like all other qualities of the chip, such as freshness, and the chips come in a package that I consider to be a good value, then I might still purchase the chips now and again. Now if the flavor is really lacking, then even if I like everything else about the chips, then I’ll definitely not purchase them again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2713111621431130/k2311a1113/11.13.13