Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
  • I bought it about two weeks ahead of time and it had a best by date of 2 months later
  • The best thing about sugar cookies is that they retain most of their shape once baked as opposed to other cookies that expand quite a bit
  • I highly recommend you let the cookies cool or the warmth will make the frosting you use very runny and not look great

• by Crystal

When my son’s 2nd birthday came rolling around we decided to do a Mickey Mouse theme. I’m a very do it yourself kind of person and everything at the party was pretty much home made one way or another. I did, however, find the need to take shortcuts on certain things like the Mickey Mouse cookies I was making for him. I didn’t have the time to home make my dough and I needed a good sugar cookie dough that I could turn into mickey mouse cookies.

Enter the

Pillsbury Sugar cookie dough. I bought it about two weeks ahead of time and it had a best by date of 2 months later. That’s kept in the refrigerator – not even frozen.

Excellent plus for me to have on hand right before the party. These cookies will last for a few days once baked outside of the refrigerator which is a major must because I needed them to bake, cool, decorate, dry, decorate again and dry again. I also had a lot to do the day beforehand

so I needed them to be able to sit out for two days as well.

They indeed hold up perfectly without going stale. I baked them on a Thursday and the party was on a Saturday. They roll out reasonably well for me to cut them with my Mickey Mouse cookie cutter and as long as you use sufficient flour they won’t stick to the cutter.

They may not even need much flour at all depending on the cutter you use. It’s easy enough to gather the leftover dough ...

• Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
      and reshape to make another cookie as well. I baked according to the instructions and they came out beautifully and sweet smelling.

The best thing about sugar cookies is that they retain most of their shape once baked as opposed to other cookies that expand quite a bit. They held the cookie icing very well. I had to first apply the black, let that dry, then the red, let that dry and then apply the white over that.

I highly recommend you let the cookies cool or the warmth

will make the frosting you use very runny and not look great. After leaving them out uncovered for several hours, I then covered them and presented them for my son’s birthday. They were an absolute hit and mostly everyone thought I made the cookies from scratch.

I of course told them my secret and recommended this dough to anyone looking for a great sugar cookie shortcut. The only downside is that you don’t control exactly what ingredients are going into it and thus the cookies are not as fresh as homemade ones.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712111621320430/k2311a1112/11.12.13