Monster Mini Golf Medford NY  » Entertainment  »
118 Berkeley avenue Medford NY
  • What an amazing difference from the usual cafeteria table with a generic balloon tablecloth
  • Needless to say we were impressed with our first impression and booked a party

• by Jackie Byrnes

Last weekend my husband and I had our daughter’s 7th birthday party at Monster Mini Golf in Medford. I had heard of it but never actually been there. I went online and looked at pictures and read over party packages. The prices were not out of control and the pictures were really appealing.

We decided to take a ride and check it out. Upon walking through the front door my 35 year old husband looked at me and said with a smile “I want my birthday here!”

An employee came up to us and asked if we needed help, seeing us just standing in the

doorway taking it all in. She took us into a party room to discuss what a party consists of. What an amazing difference from the usual cafeteria table with a generic balloon tablecloth. The entire party room was decorated in what I would describe as a haunted mansion. Complete with skeleton bone fireplace, black and white portraits that changed when you looked at different angles as well as a couch and arm chairs for the parents to sit.

We then went to the mini golf course. All glow in the dark and black light, with moving ogres and skeletons. Half way through the 18 hole course is a DJ booth. At the end is an amazing “scary” clown hole where you shoot the golf ball into his mouth.

The party ends with games in the arcade.

Needless to say we were impressed with our first impression and booked a party. On the day of our party we arrived 15 minutes early and our two hosts introduced themselves. They sat our daughter down and filled out a paper with her to play a game with all her friends. As guests arrived the kids had plenty of room to run around the party room. We ate lunch, played a game of who ...

• Monster Mini Golf Medford NY
      knows (party child) best, glow in the dark hot potato, then sang and had birthday cake. To conclude our time in the party room they painted her hand in green glow in the dark paint to put up on the wall.

Next we went to the mini golf course which had been closed off to the public. Getting half way through to the DJ booth all kids stopped and my daughter was presented with a challenge to get a golf ball in a hole on a hill. She was congratulated on her win with 800 tickets dumped on her head, which all the kids thought

was the funniest and coolest thing ever! At the last hole every kids received an arcade card and a free pass to return.

Every kid had a great time and our daughter has since asked to have all of her birthday parties here. As a mother of three I feel it was a nice change from the usual bounce parties and the price was reasonable. The package we chose was $350 for 16 kids and included everything except food and drink.They do offer goody bags but I chose to bring in my own.

I highly suggest as a night out, birthday party or just a fun treat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5911111621210930/k2311a1111/11.11.13