Nike Victory Track and Field Spike  » Clothes  »
  • It was the first introduction of the embellishment that I believe will be corrected on the next line of production, it proved to make the shoe even more flimsy and tear-able (terrible

• by Alison

I have been a fan of Nike since I was a child. Their products, company mission, and branding is in my personal opinion among the most impressive in the world. As a collegiate-level track and field athlete who has worked in the specialty running show business for nearly 5 years, I have been working with and running in Nike shoes for a very long time, using the Victory spike specifically for just over 3 years.

I ADORE this spike. It is light and functional, forces you onto your toes in a comfortable enough position to feel

natural mid-race while ensuring a knee drive that will quicken your tempo towards the end of a long fought battle.

I have tried the shoe in every discipline from the 200m up to 5km, on the track and cross country courses, although it is a true middle-distance shoe. Working best from the 800m-3000m races depending of course on your personal gate and shoe preferences… if you like a sock-like fit that is snug but unobtrusive then this is the shoe for you.

HOWEVER: this shoe is expensive. Each year it is altered to reflect the newest ideas and innovations that Nike has come up with, often becoming lighter or changing the foot plate for one reason or another.

In addition to the price (regularly retails around $150 brand new, give or take I would estimate around $15), it has been constructed in accordance to one of Bill Bowerman’s (one of the true founders of Nike itself) oldest ideas: a shoe is to last for only its intended purpose. The original Nike shoes were built to last 1 race and no more.

What I’m trying to say is this: you have to be ...

• Nike Victory Track and Field Spike
      relatively careful with this shoe. Steeplechase will annihilate it, saving it from vigorous training and keeping it just for your races is a heavy suggestion, and even then I implore you to make it through a single season without contracted a hole or two on the sides of each toe box.

I generally get a season and a half of good use, two if I add a couple of stitches into the rips to keep it all together, and then they become my training pair and I invest in another racing shoe (besides, they’ll have come

out with a new version by then that you’ll just HAVE to have). I also am not the biggest fan of the flywire on the most recent addition.

It was the first introduction of the embellishment that I believe will be corrected on the next line of production, it proved to make the shoe even more flimsy and tear-able (terrible… ha-ha). DESPITE THESE ISSUES: I stand by the Nike Victory track spike like any good friend would, it has been an integral part of my athletic success, and I’m about to pick up another pair this coming Christmas.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5511111621150930/k2311a1111/11.11.13