Revlon ColorStay Concealer  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I love the Revlon ColorStay foundation in both the liquid and whipped formula
  • I believe the Maybelline SuperStay concealer has been discontinued as I can't find it anywhere in stores and also L
  • So this time around when I was in the drugstore I decided to try the Revlon Colorstay Concealer
  • I bought the concealer in the shade medium
  • If you enjoyed my review and found it useful then please tick below

• by truevalue

I love the Revlon ColorStay foundation in both the liquid and whipped formula. I also love their lipsticks especially from their super lustrous range. They are my favourite.

However, I have never tried their concealers before as I have been a long time fan of Maybelline SuperStay concealer and also the LA Colors HD concealer.

I believe the Maybelline SuperStay concealer has been discontinued as I can’t find it anywhere in stores and also L.A Colors only have limited shades in Singapore.

So this time around when I was in the drugstore I decided to try the Revlon Colorstay Concealer. I bought the concealer in the shade medium.

For reference I use

Revlon foundation in the shade Natural Tan.

The concealer comes in a simple clear sleek plastic tube with black cap. The tube contains 6.2ml of product. It has a basic doe foot applicator which makes it easy to dot wherever you need it.

The product was available in four shades. The shade medium is the darkest shade available here in Singapore.

The price of the concealer was S$18.00 which is bit more expensive than Maybelline but that is the case with Revlon foundations too.

To be honest I was really excited to try it and had great faith in it. Revlon describes the ColorStay concealer to be formulated with new time release technology that balances imperfections for a continuously flawless look, for up to 24 hours and that it covers imperfections, conceals blemishes and dark circles with full yet undetectable coverage.

The concealer has a very creamy and silky consistency and a bit runny which bothered me even before trying it on. It has a very siliconey feel.

I have dark circles so that is my main concern while buying any concealer as I don’t really care for covering up my blemishes.

As was obvious with the consistency the concealer did go on easily and was super easy to spread but I was not happy with the finish at all. I couldn’t ...

• Revlon ColorStay Concealer
      believe that there was absolutely no coverage. In face the foundation has better coverage than the concealer.

The concealer just made the skin look shiny and has a heavy feeling. Even powder does not help much with setting it as it is such a wet and oily formula.

I tried it on the rest of my face and had the same exact result. I love Revlon’s face products but have never been so disappointed with a concealer from any other brand.

I thought leaving it unused for a period of time might thicken up the consistency and apply and perform better but no it didn’t.

Since it did not work as a

concealer I tried it as a overall face foundation but it just made my face look like an oily ball and I hated the heavy silicon feeling on my face. Staying power is almost non existent.

I gave up on using the concealer and it is now collecting dust. I have still not be able to toss it out as it is still almost full but I am it will find itself tossed out sooner or later.

I am really very disappointed by the Revlon ColorStay concealer and will not ever repurchase or recommend it to anyone.

If you enjoyed my review and found it useful then please tick below. Thank you!

Rebecca Lee says :

Does this concealer come off in sweat? I need to find a concealer that will cover the scars on my body, but I tend to sweat a lot. Will this concealer last?

Ryche Macachor says :

Hi Rebecca I’ve used this concealer whenever I go to rave events and high-profile parties, and I can assure you no matter how sweaty I got, it never came off. I used it to hide pimples and pimple marks, my usually-uneven skin tone and even hickie, and it never failed me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111111621130930/k2311a1111/11.11.13