Sephora Mattifying Powder Foundation - Oil Free  » Cosmetics  »
  • While I was playing with the powder I noticed and was impressed with how silky soft and finely milled the powder was
  • I bought the shade Mat Tan D35 as it is the best matching shade I have ever found
  • The compact has 9gm of product which I think is a decent amount of product
  • I love this powder so much that once when I saw it on sale I bought 6 compacts and stocked up as I know I will use them
  • I do highly recommend it and with the nice variety of shade that is available everyone should be able to find the best match

• by truevalue

For someone like me with sensitive, oily and acne prone skin finding the right products can be one of the most challenging tasks. In addition to that having a neutral skin tone makes it even more challenging to find the right makeup.

Most of the shades sold in the stores including MAC have either too yellow or too pink undertones. While the pink shades makes my skin look ashy the yellow ones makes me look like dead.

The other day I was at Sephora casually trying out their powder foundations. I was quite skeptic as there isn’t much talk or reviews about these private label products from Sephora. I was also wondering how the prices were slightly lower than the drugstore brands like Revlon

and Loreal which costs around S$30.00+.

The price of the Sephora Mattifying Powder Foundation was S$27.00 which is not a big difference but still less expensive.

But then it was not the price that got me into buying the powder. While I was playing with the powder I noticed and was impressed with how silky soft and finely milled the powder was.

I do own the MAC studio finish in NC42 and compared to that the Sephora powder is not that densely and tightly pressed in the compact but is kind of loose in comparision.

The texture of the MAC Studio finish fine but somewhat chalky and has a heavier coverage with a mask like effect. The Sephora powder on the other hand has a kind of sheen and looks very natural and skin like. The coverage is sheer but build-able to full without looking cakey or mask like.

The thing that wowed me the most is when I tried a bit of the powder on my nose and in the areas around my nose. Now, I can never ever do this with my MAC studio Fix. The studio fix is not good for touch ups as it will go on patchy and ruin whatever was remaining of the face makeup by clinging more to some areas.

But the Sephora powder melted into my skin like cream seamlessly. I have never used a powder for touch up that had ever done that.

I tried this again and again on different parts ...

• Sephora Mattifying Powder Foundation - Oil Free
      of my face and same effect it just melted and blended with the wearing off foundation that I previously had on my face.

I had to get it. I bought the shade Mat Tan D35 as it is the best matching shade I have ever found. The powder comes in a circular black compact case with a see trough glass cover.

In the bottom compartment is a black circle sponge applicator which works well if i want a thicker coverage. There is a slit on the bottom to keep the sponge ventilated.

The compact has 9gm of product which I think is a decent amount of product.

I have tried the powder on its own as well as with liquid foundation underneath and it

works great for both. It really gives a flawless looking finish that looks as though I have no makeup on.

My face which always used to look shiny just a few hrs after applying makeup now looks fresher for longer. I always carry a compact in my purse as it allows me to touch up my face and never looks patchy.

I love this powder so much that once when I saw it on sale I bought 6 compacts and stocked up as I know I will use them.

I have not touched my MAC studio Fix ever since I started using this.

I do highly recommend it and with the nice variety of shade that is available everyone should be able to find the best match.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316111621021030/k2311a116/11.6.13