Voortman Almond Krunch Cookies  » Food  »
  • In fact I have a review on that too and I loved the cookie it is the best coconut cookie I have had
  • I picked the Almond Krunch Cookies as they looked delicious on the package picture
  • Honestly I am not a fan of sugar sprinkled cookies and was slightly disappointed
  • I like that the sweetness is just right and not overpowering

• by truevalue

Voortman brand is one of my recent discoveries. The first product that I tried from the brand was their coconut cookie. In fact I have a review on that too and I loved the cookie it is the best coconut cookie I have had.

Since then I have been tempted to try other items from the brand. They have a lot of variety and seem to have wholesome ingredients and all of their cookies carry the 0% Trans fat Sign on the packs.

I picked the Almond Krunch Cookies as

they looked delicious on the package picture. They had this unique old fashioned flower shape with a hole in the middle and looked flaky and light.

The pack contains 300gms of cookies and comes in a clear plastic tray inside of a sealed plastic warp. All of the Voortman cookies of similar size pack are priced at S$2.95.

The size of the cookies are quite large compared to other regular cookies. They have a medium thickness. I was surprised to see sugar sprinkles on the top side of the cookie as they did not look like sugar cookies in the picture.

Honestly I am not a fan of sugar sprinkled cookies and was slightly disappointed. But the generous amount of almond flakes made up to it. The cookies are not crunchy, they have a slight chewy texture and had a nice Almond taste that does not have a weird plastic taste.

Because of the generous sugar sprinkling and the big size of the cookie I couldn’t eat more than one so the pack did last me a long time. I would usually ...

• Voortman Almond Krunch Cookies
      have one per day.

I like that the sweetness is just right and not overpowering. It has a natural fresh taste without any artificial after taste. It can get a bit messy as the sugar sprinkles drop while taking a bite so its best not to eat while sitting on the sofa or the ants will surely be attracted.

As for the ingredients list it contains Enriched wheat flour (flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar vegetables oil (canola, soyabean, palm and palm kernel, sunflower), almonds, glucose-fructose, salt,

artificial and natural flavor, eggs, sodium bicarbonate. ammonium bicarbonate, leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, corn starch, mono calcium phosphate).

Those with allergies please note that the Almond Krunch Cookies contains wheat, almonds, eggs, milk and Soy. Also, since it contains eggs it might not be suitable for vegetarians.

Overall I did enjoy the cookies but I would probably not be buying it again as I don’t really like the sugar sprinkles.

But for anyone who is not bothered by the sugar this will be a nice treat with real almonds and natural flavor.

jobii says :

re : I like that the sweetness is just right and not overpowering
they are too sweet and that means lots calories also the transfat is 10 not zero as you mentioned

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 276111621011030/k2311a116/11.6.13