Voortman Coconut Cookies  » Food  »
  • I am not a big fan of using coconut for cooking nor do I like to eat raw coconut as a snack but I love sweets made with toasted dry coconut shreds or bits
  • There is just something amazing about the aroma of toasted coconut and the chewy texture and delicious flavor
  • The Voortman coconut cookies is my most recent purchase and I have to say it is the best coconut cookie I have tried so far
  • I love that it does not leave a artificial aftertaste in the mouth
  • Overall I am very pleased with the Voortman Coconut Cookie and I will recommend it to anyone who loves toasted dry coconut treats

• by truevalue

I am not a big fan of using coconut for cooking nor do I like to eat raw coconut as a snack but I love sweets made with toasted dry coconut shreds or bits.

There is just something amazing about the aroma of toasted coconut and the chewy texture and delicious flavor.

I had been on a search for a good cookie or snack. I have tried many but I never found one that wowed me. Most of the coconut wafer or cookies has an artificial flavor,

were too sweet or too crunchy with mostly flour and a slight sprinkle of coconut.

The Voortman coconut cookies is my most recent purchase and I have to say it is the best coconut cookie I have tried so far.

The cookies comes in a cookie tray inside a long sealed plastic wrap. The cookies are a nice round shape and of good amount of thickness and width. the cookies are well put together and are not crumbly.

The cookies have a slightly browned edges and creamy in the middle. It was actually love at first bite. The sweetness is not overpowering like some of the other cookies. It has just the right amount of sweetness.

The texture is chewy and is packed with real coconut that I can taste. I love that it does not leave a artificial aftertaste in the mouth. It has the wholesome flavor of toasted dried coconut. I don’t feel the taste of flour as with most cookies where it is all dough and ...

• Voortman Coconut Cookies
      not much of coconut.

I also don’t feel so guilty eating as on the pack it says 0% Transfat.

The packet has 400gm of cookies and cost me S$2.95 which I think is reasonable and well worth it.

As for the ingredients list it contains enriched Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Dried Coconut, Sugar, Vegetable Oil (Canola, Soybean, Palm And Palm Kernel, Sunflower), Glucose-Fructose, Salt, Eggs.

It does has a disclaimer that it contains wheat, coconut and eggs and that it

is made in a facility that handles peanuts, tree nuts, milk, and soy. So anyone that is allergic for any of the mentioned items might as well avoid it.

Overall I am very pleased with the Voortman Coconut Cookie and I will recommend it to anyone who loves toasted dry coconut treats.

I will definitely be repurchasing.

I only wish that the cookies were individually wrapped so that it would be easy to pop a few in my bag for a quick bite while on the move.

Jeff Eastwood says :

re : I love that it does not leave a artificial aftertaste in the mouth

Bought my first pack of Voortman Coconut Cookies and am very disappointed. They are rock hard and difficult to eat, not as described. Feels like your teeth will break before the cookie. Will NOT buy again.

truevalue replies :

Sorry you didn’t like it. I am not sure of your age or the condition of your teeth.

Its chewy and munchy even my 4 year old loves it and no we do not find it rock hard.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 276111621001030/k2311a116/11.6.13