Little Tikes Bold N Bright Toy Chest  » Baby care  »
  • We are used to just throwing toys in the toy box in a hurry to get things cleaned up, only to regret it later when our son wants to play with his favorite cars and we have to dig down into the bottom of the toy box to get them out
  • Although I love the storage capacity and openness of my other toy box, this one really came in handy just for the simple idea of the two bottom bins
  • That helps to ensure it doesn’t slam on him and if it did close on his fingers, he has no problem lifting it back up with his fingers under it
  • We don’t mind the different colors, after all it is a kid’s storage chest and I believe when you have a kid, your house will look like so

• by Crystal

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve searched high and low for little toys, puzzle pieces and toy cars at the bottom of a toy box. We are used to just throwing toys in the toy box in a hurry to get things cleaned up, only to regret it later when our son wants to play with his favorite cars and we have to dig down into the bottom of the toy box to get them out. Half the time we have to take out all the other toys just to find them! Although I love the storage capacity and openness of my other toy box, this one really came in handy just for the simple idea

of the two bottom bins. They are not on tracks or anything and just simply slide perfectly under the toy box.

It is really the perfect invention for storing all his cars and wooden puzzle pieces (when the puzzles aren’t together). He has a large alphabet puzzle and he doesn’t always finish it right then and there. Sometimes he would leave the pieces lying around and when it would be cleaning time, they would just get thrown in the box.

When we got this toy box, we would just pull the little tray out of the bottom and voila! Instant storage for the pieces. The puzzle board itself is big enough to fit nicely in the toy box with easy access while the pieces are easily accessible in the little bins for when he’s ready to do the puzzle. Another great feature is the detachable lid.

I’m a huge fan of open top toy boxes for two reasons… one being that they can have toys sticking out of the top and thus store taller items and two, no pinched fingers from lids closing on them. The fact that this toy box has the option to have the lid removed makes it that much better. We usually store the taller items in our open top toy box and keep the lid on this one now that my son is older and understands not ...

• Little Tikes Bold N Bright Toy Chest
      to close the lid on his fingers.

When we first got this chest though, we did keep the lid off. When we first put it on, he did accidentally close his fingers in it but since it doesn’t slam and it isn’t made of wood, it really didn’t bother him. Had I known that, I may have just kept the lid on from square one.

The lid is very easy to open and does come off very easily as well. That helps to ensure it doesn’t slam on him and if it did close on his fingers, he has no problem lifting it back up with his fingers under it. It holds a lot more than

what you can tell from any pictures and the colors go pretty well with any room, whether it be a boy’s room or a girl’s room.

We keep ours in the living room and although there are a few bright colors to it, it doesn’t clash with our furniture. We don’t mind the different colors, after all it is a kid’s storage chest and I believe when you have a kid, your house will look like so. With this, it all just stays organized better.

Although there are cheaper plastic chests out there, I do feel like you get your money’s worth with this chest. It sells for under $80 USD at Amazon and I believe you will not regret this purchase.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 544111620770730/k2311a114/11.4.13