Batman Arkham Origins - The Game  » Games  »
  • I bought the game Arkham Origins immediately after it came out on the market with the full intention of having as much fun playing it as I had with the previous two installments of this successful franchise
  • I really liked the looks of the armor and I think it is an improvement over the batsuit that is shown in previous games
  • I really enjoyed seeing the new animations and graphics depicting a younger Penguin, Blackmask, and a little bit into the game, the younger Joker

• by Svetoslav Bogdanov

I bought the game Arkham Origins immediately after it came out on the market with the full intention of having as much fun playing it as I had with the previous two installments of this successful franchise. I must say I was really thrilled from the first moment that I installed it and started it the game managed to live up to my expectations and my excitement was not for nothing. The storyline of the game is set approximately five years before the events of Arkham Asylum and the game plot is just as thrilling as it was in the previous games. While playing the game I was met with a younger and more rough Bruce Wayne, who is still not entirely sure about his role as Gotham City’s protector and savior.

He is just beginning his

crusade as the Dark Knight and also is still exploring his moral viewpoints and doesn’t yet know where his place is as a vigilante or how he should handle criminals in the city. He remains a mystery to the police and they do not know if he is a criminal, a hero, a myth or a supernatural being. Batman has faced different types of criminals and gangsters and is usually stronger and better than his opponents, However, in the game, he faces far more dangerous enemies: professional assassins who’s goal is to kill him and win the 50 million dollars bounty put on Batman’s head by Black Mask.

Black Mask and his thugs raise hell in the city on Christmas in order to bring Batman out in the open and also for their own reasons. Immediately after starting the main storyline Batman is shown entering his notorious Batcave and putting on the suit of the Batman. Also his faithful butler arrives on the scene, ready to offer his advice and council to his young master, and trying to put some common sense in young Bruce’s mind, acting almost as a father figure.

The Police Department of Gotham is corrupt and the SWAT team with their leader Brandon is trying to capture or kill Batman and claim the bounty for themselves. The honest and honorable James Gordon is still a captain on the force and does not see eye to eye with the rest of his colleagues. He is also the only guy that Batman can trust at this point, as well as the captain’s young daughter Barbara.

While I was ...

• Batman Arkham Origins - The Game
      playing the game what I saw was that there is not much improvement over the gameplay, although Batman has a couple more different gadgets than the previous games. Also there are a bit more animations added regarding the fighting movements that add up to the fighting gameplay. Also Batman’s suit is different and to me resembles the suit from the movie The Dark Knight Rises.

I really liked the looks of the armor and I think it is an improvement over the batsuit that is shown in previous games. Other than that there aren’t many differences in terms of gameplay. What really made me like the game was the awesome storyline and the number of great new characters.

the game, the younger Joker. I also really liked how they depicted one of Batman’s greatest foes - Deathstroke, who almost matches the Dark Knight’s fighting skills in terms of agility, speed and knowledge of martial arts. What also was really great was how Bane was depicted in the game, as the dangerous enemy that he really is, and not just the mumbling idiot that was depicted in Arkham City.

Generally Batman has his hands full and realizes that eventually he is going to need assistance and friends in order to protect Gotham City. In my opinion this new story of Batman’s adventures is really great and I think it is worthy of a movie adaptation in terms of the really good storyline. I really have fun playing the game and I doubt that there are many people who would have complaints regarding the game.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281111620660930/k2311a111/11.1.13