TropiClean Oxy Med Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs  » Pets  »
  • I highly recommend using this wash at least once a week because if you don’t any skin condition will come back immediately

• by Crystal

My golden retriever recently developed a skin condition that leads to patches of raw skin. They look like clumps of dry skin and when you scratch them off they are red and irritated and look very raw. I went to Petco to look into medicated shampoos for dogs with allergies and skin conditions and this one looked like the most appealing choice.

It has oatmeal to soothe and exfoliate and alpha hydroxys that are supposed to

penetrate into the skin to lift away dirt and debris. I needed something that would deeply penetrate and provide moisture to her skin.

It is an anti itch formula which is extremely in my dog’s case because we’ve seen her biting at her back due to itching. After one wash with this shampoo we were pleased with the results.

She seemed a lot more relieved from the itching than she had been in awhile. You do have to let it penetrate for as long as possible into the skin to provide the most effective exfoliation and itch relief.

Our dog is pretty good about baths so that wasn’t hard for us but someone with a squirmy dog may have a little trouble keeping them in the bath that long. We just made sure to treat and wash the affected areas first so it could soak in while we washed the rest of ...

• TropiClean Oxy Med Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs
      her body.

It’s pretty easy to lather and also easy to rinse out. A lot of dog shampoos take forever to rinse out but this one appears to rinse clean.

That’s very important because any leftover shampoo that sits on the dog’s coat can irritate allergies even more. You want to make sure it’s rinsed out completely before you let them out of the tub.

I highly recommend using this wash at least once a week

because if you don’t any skin condition will come back immediately. That’s what we noticed with our pup.

After the first wash, she seemed more relieved but then two weeks later we took a look at her back and the scabs were back. If you keep up with it, your dog will smell, feel and look much better.

It runs around the same price as other washes from petco at a little over 10 USD for a reasonably sized bottle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2918101619920831/k2311a1018/10.18.13