Breed of Dog Kangal  » Pets  »
  • I am an animal lover and prefer dogs over any other animals and Kangals have to be my favorite
  • The thing that I found hilarious was she didn't seem all that intelligent, she loved bathing in the mud swamp in the valley and she loved chasing flies but she was playful which I needed in my life
  • I wouldn't particularly recommend this dog to anyone living in small apartments with no garden and people who spend a lot of time at work
  • To unforeseen circumstances I had to give her away and I was very sad when it happened but they year I spent with her was the best year of my life, she became my best friend and wanted to go over everywhere with me, easy to train and always bouncing back and forth even when she wasn't well

• by Harriet

This specific breed of dog originated from Turkey. They were formerly and specifically used for fighting and are now banned in many countries. I am an animal lover and prefer dogs over any other animals and Kangals have to be my favorite.

They are generally a pale tan color with black mask. They can reach a height of 78cm and weigh up to 63kg.

I owned a female, Bella. As a puppy she destroyed most of my house and furnishings and dragged my kittens around the world and back.

She was a

loving, caring dog but could be vicious if not controlled. At times she made me bang my head against a brick wall and I was worried about her around children but I have never seen a dog be as gentle with a two year old as she was.

The thing that I found hilarious was she didn’t seem all that intelligent, she loved bathing in the mud swamp in the valley and she loved chasing flies but she was playful which I needed in my life. Aside from being very protective of my husband and I she was the most gentle out of all my dogs.

She fell ill when she was only four months old but pulled through like the fighter she is. These dogs need a lot of exercise and a lot of attention, they need to be trained properly and need to have a stable and safe home.

I wouldn’t particularly recommend this dog to anyone living in small apartments with no garden and people who spend a lot of time at work. I loved my dog and I would buy another like ...

• Breed of Dog Kangal
      her if I wanted another dog in my family.

Her hair was kept brilliantly and didn’t molt a lot even in the terrific heat we get here which can go above 40 degrees Celsius at times of the year. I will say the only downside is that they eat a lot and when I say a lot I mean a lot.

I got through over a bag of 15 kg biscuits a week and on top of that she was fed with bread and leftovers a lot of the time; A dog with

a healthy appetite and a character to match. To unforeseen circumstances I had to give her away and I was very sad when it happened but they year I spent with her was the best year of my life, she became my best friend and wanted to go over everywhere with me, easy to train and always bouncing back and forth even when she wasn’t well.

I give her near to excellent rating because aside from her large appetite and terrible chewing and destroying when she was tiny I was proud to own a dog like her.

Azriel says :

She is really a good pet indeed based on your review. I am not familiar with this dog breed since they do not seem too common here in the Philippines. I do love dogs but I can’t seem too ready to handle a large breed because I am used to toy pet dogs. Thanks for your review.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2918101619860731/k2311a1018/10.18.13