Blue Bell Ice Cream Blueberry Cheesecake
  • Blue Bell is one of the best brands of ice cream on the market, in my opinion
  • This brand offers a large variety of differently flavored ice creams that almost always prove to be creamy and delicious
  • I found it extremely satisfying to have crunchy chunks of cheesecake in with the creamy, smooth cheesecake-flavored ice cream
  • If you shop at a store that carries Blue Bell and you see this flavor sitting in the frozen case, and you like both cheesecake and blueberry, I highly recommend that it be given a try

• by CirclingCanvas

Blue Bell is one of the best brands of ice cream on the market, in my opinion. This brand offers a large variety of differently flavored ice creams that almost always prove to be creamy and delicious. I would be a frequent buyer if one half gallon container didn’t regularly run for close to five dollars, on the low end at retailers like Walmart, to over six dollars, on the high end at retailers like Kroger. When I come across it on sale though for four dollars, I never pass up an opportunity to pick up one or two flavors!

The Blueberry Cheesecake flavor of Blue Bell ice

cream was one that I couldn’t recall seeing before, so I snatched up a container of it. I have never come across this ice cream flavor before in any brand and it sounded positively delightful! I have had Blue Bell and other brands of ice cream that have had chunks of cheesecake in them or cheesecake-flavoring added to the ice cream, but never before had I tasted ice cream that fused blueberries and cheesecake together, and considering the quality of Blue Bell ice cream, I figured I was in for a treat, and boy was I ever!

This ice cream, like a vast majority of Blue Bell’s products,

is rich in flavor. The ice cream itself is infused with a rich, traditional cheesecake taste, but not only that, actual pieces of cheesecake with graham crust are mixed in with the ice cream! I found it extremely satisfying to have crunchy chunks of cheesecake in with the creamy, smooth cheesecake-flavored ice cream! If this was all this ice cream had going for it, I’d be really pleased with it, but there’s more to it, of course, as the name of the ice cream clearly states. This isn’t simply cheesecake ice cream, it’s blueberry cheesecake ice cream!

The blueberry taste doesn’t stem from actual blueberry pieces, but from ...

• Blue Bell Ice Cream Blueberry Cheesecake
      a blueberry swirl that stretches across, downward and around the cheesecake ice cream. The blueberry flavor is sweet and unmistakable. While the taste of blueberry isn’t quite as common as the cheesecake flavoring is, it’s common enough that you likely won’t go more than one spoonful or lick before you taste the blueberry again. The two flavors compliment each other nicely without one overshadowing the other. If you’ve ever had a quality store bought or homemade blueberry cheesecake, then you know how these two flavors go really well together!

The Blue Bell Ice Cream Blueberry Cheesecake variety is a real treat to have. It’s one of those unique ice cream flavors that you don’t see hardly at all and upon trying it, wonder why others aren’t duplicating it. I personally think this is a deliciously rich ice cream that is perfect the way it is. If you shop at a store that carries Blue Bell and you see this flavor sitting in the frozen case, and you like both cheesecake and blueberry, I highly recommend that it be given a try. I certainly understand the high price of the ice cream can make it a hard purchase to make at times, but when it’s on sale, it becomes a more affordable treat, and what a treat it is!

Judy Bell says :

re : If you shop at a store that carries Blue Bell and you see this flavor sitting in the frozen case, and you like both cheesecake and blueberry, I highly recommend that it be given a try
Blueberry cheesecake is my favorite flavor but it is so hard to find it in stores. I know that it’s seasonal but there is never enough put in the store when it is available. I haven’t been able to find ANY for awhile.

CirclingCanvas replies :

Blue Bell just has too many flavors Between coming out with new flavors of ice cream and having seasonal flavors, some flavors sadly end up pushed off the shelves. Outside of contacting the company and asking when this flavor will be back in circulation, I’m afraid not much else can be done. I haven’t seen this particular flavor in any other brands, either, sadly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715101619600731/k2311a1015/10.15.13