“Raiding The Rock Vault” Las Vegas Show  » Entertainment  »
  • Raiding The Rock Vault is described in all of the promos and advertisements as being The Story Of Classic Rock and features performances by a super band made up of some pretty amazing and talented rock stars such as Robin McAuley from Survivor and MSG, Paul Shortino from Rough Cutt and Quiet Riot, John Payne from Asia, Howard Leese from Heart, Tracii Guns from LA Guns and the first line up of Guns N' Roses, Andrew Freeman from The Offspring and Lynch Mob, Jay Schellen from Asia and Hurricane and Michael T
  • I decided to purchase tickets on the day of the show for my parents and myself for US$42.90 each
  • I thought this was a very reasonable and affordable price for a Vegas show, and to my surprise, when I arrived at the theatre I found that my seats were located only 9 rows from the front
  • I was very impressed, especially since I only bought my tickets at the last minute
  • I think it's an all-round better show and provides more of an authentic rock concert experience rather than a Glee -like musical type of show

• by paradisecity222

After reading about it on the internet a few months ago, I was very interested to see the show “Raiding The Rock Vault” while visiting Las Vegas just a few weeks ago. The show is relatively new compared to other shows on the Las Vegas strip and takes place five nights a week at the LVH Hotel, formerly known as the Las Vegas Hilton. “Raiding The Rock Vault” is described in all of the promos and advertisements as being “The Story Of Classic Rock” and features performances by a super band made up of some pretty amazing and talented rock stars such as Robin McAuley from Survivor and MSG, Paul Shortino from Rough Cutt and Quiet Riot, John Payne from Asia, Howard Leese from Heart, Tracii Guns from LA Guns and the first line up of Guns N’ Roses, Andrew Freeman from The Offspring and Lynch Mob, Jay Schellen from Asia and Hurricane and Michael T. Ross from the Lita Ford band and Missing Persons. As someone who absolutely loves all things rock and roll, particularly classic 80’s rock bands, this sounded like the perfect show for me and I could not wait to see it!

Tickets for the show varied in price. I decided to purchase tickets on the day of the

show for my parents and myself for US$42.90 each. I thought this was a very reasonable and affordable price for a Vegas show, and to my surprise, when I arrived at the theatre I found that my seats were located only 9 rows from the front! I was very impressed, especially since I only bought my tickets at the last minute. You could purchase more expensive tickets which allowed you to be seated closer to the stage, or slightly cheaper tickets that were seated towards the back of the room or on the balcony, but I was very happy with my tickets and had a perfect view of the stage for the entire show. The theatre was also quite small in size, so I think you would have a great view no matter which tickets you bought or where you are seated to be honest. Although, having said that, I would recommend choosing seats on the floor of the theatre rather than the balcony, as you are much closer and would probably get more out of the show.

The show started promptly at 8pm and began by showing an introductory video, followed by some strange creatures with flashlights entering the back of the room on each side and making their way to the stage. They appeared to be people dressed in space-like costumes who then uncovered a large vault or time capsule where each of the performers walked through one by one to enter the stage where they were then introduced to the applauding crowd. I thought it was an interesting way to start the show and really set the storyline in an intriguing way. Throughout the show, there were short skits and video clips that took the audience on a fascinating journey showing what life and music was like in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. The actors in the skits kept the mood very up-beat and light and really entertained the crowd in between songs. While these parts of the show were amusing, informative and humorous, I have to say that for me, the highlights of “Raiding The Rock Vault” were the songs themselves. The performers opened the show in the 60’s era with songs by The Who, Jimmy Hendrix and Paul Shortino delivering outstanding performances of hits by The Doors and The Rolling Stones. I had seen Paul Shortino perform live before with other bands and he was certainly just as good this time. In my opinion, Paul is one of the best rock vocalists in Las Vegas. A really incredible performer.

The show ...

progressed into the decade of the 70’s and just like the 60’s, it encompassed an impressive catalogue of songs from bands like Led Zeppelin, The Eagles, Queen, Supertramp and Pink Floyd as well as others. Robin McAuley performed a wonderful rendition of the classic “We Are The Champions” that I just loved. It was a stand out moment for me, but not to forget the unbelievable cover of “Stairway To Heaven” which was performed by Robin and John Payne on lead vocals, and Tracii Guns delivering a powerful guitar solo that left the audience in awe.

My favourite decade presented in the show would have to be the 80’s, just because so many of my favourite bands are from this time and a lot of them were included in the set list like Def Leppard, Van Halen, Bon Jovi and Journey. There was even a fantastic medley towards the end which included songs by Survivor, U2, Yes and Whitesnake. All of the songs were huge hits that everyone was familiar with, and the performers were able to cover them just as well as the original artists while still being able to put their own unique spin on them. They also regularly encouraged the crowd to stand up and sing along throughout the show. Everyone

was really having a great time and getting into it. It was a lot of fun. There was also some cool effects throughout the show such as smoke machines and lasers which further added to the energetic rock concert vibe and atmosphere.

I have seen many Las Vegas shows over the years and I can honestly say that “Raiding The Rock Vault” is the best one I’ve seen in a long time. My parents also really enjoyed the show and only had positive things to say about it. Each of the performers worked well together and brought something different and unique to the stage. I think it’s a show that’s very family friendly and can be enjoyed by all ages, but if you love rock music in particular, then this is a show not to be missed! If you’re considering going to see the show “Rock Of Ages” in Las Vegas, then I’d recommend going to see “Raiding The Rock Vault” instead. I think it’s an all-round better show and provides more of an authentic rock concert experience rather than a “Glee”-like musical type of show. I thought this show was so good that I’m actually planning on seeing it again, maybe even several times when I visit Las Vegas again later this year.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5914101619550831/k2311a1014/10.14.13