Devil - Movie directed by M. Night Shyamalan
  • It is rather over dramatic and didn't really have the impact I believe that it was suppose to have
  • I think he made them very realistic - mainly in the sense of how fast they began to accuse one another and the ideas they formed to try to keep themselves alive

• by Isadora Night

Devil is a movie by M. Night Shyamalan that tells the story of a group of people who are locked in an elevator. Every time the lights went out and then came back on someone would show up dead.

Now this movie was kind of boring. I liked it because of the mystery however there was very little depth to this. The actors were rather consistent.

At least twice you are told of the legend of the demon (devil) that comes to kill people. It is rather over dramatic and didn’t really have the impact I believe that it was suppose to have. The actors who were in the actual elevator were rather well directed however. I think he made them very realistic - mainly in the sense of how fast they began to accuse one another and the ideas they formed to try to keep themselves alive.

When I compare it to his other movies such as ‘The Happening’ or ‘The Village’ it is obvious that this one is much weaker. I think that it has a weakness that is more similar to ‘The Happening’ - there is very little that you can do to fight the unknown ...

• Devil - Movie directed by M. Night Shyamalan
      terror that is bothering the people in the elevator just as the people in his movie ‘The Happening’ had only the plants to fight.The plot could have been deepened as well. Most of the movie takes place in the elevator which became really redundant. There was a little activity outside of the elevator like firefighters trying to get them out or family members wanting to help
      them. However all the outside activity came across as fillers. In truth after about the first twenty minutes I was bored. The only thing that pushed me to finish the movie was the fact that I wanted to know who the ‘Devil’ among them was.

Overall I would not suggest you buy this movie - it is worth watching only if you had nothing else to watch.

Chris Cranston says :

re : It is rather over dramatic and didn’t really have the impact I believe that it was suppose to have
I wouldn’t have considered this film as over dramatic, i can help but ask what would you do in that situation.

I get the feeling anyone would have had very similar reactions in the same situation.

Honestly bar the ending i think it was an entirely believable and convincing film.

Isadora replies :

I honestly don’t know. I see your point. Thank you for giving me a different viewpoint.

Azriel says :

I know I watched this movie already but yeah it was a struggle for me to remember what the plot was and yeah so it was a group of people trapped in the elevator fighting each other to aurvive the devil. This movie seemed low budget with most of the scenes focused on one place it can get too tiring to watch. I would not recommend this movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1111101619370731/k2311a1011/10.11.13