Prince Caspian (Book Three: Chronicles of Narnia) by C.S Lewis  » Books  »
  • This kind of mentality in this series has only once been shown in the books before it and that was in 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe' and that in my opinion was nothing - in my opinion - compared to the this book
  • I believe that by adding them to the story for this particular purpose - restoring Narnia - reinforced the idea you get from the story that says there bloodline will always be the savers of their world
  • Plot wise I think it was much darker than the previous books in the series

• by Isadora Night

Prince Caspian is the third book but second published of the Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S Lewis. The story details how the world of Narnia has drifted from the way Aslan intended and how Aslan and the creatures of Aslan are suppressed and their existence denied.

This was one of my favorites of this series because it shows a part of the Narnia series that we have never seen before. In this book the existence of talking animals, fauns and dwarfs is denied. This causes Aslan to therefor

be denied. This kind of mentality in this series has only once been shown in the books before it and that was in ‘The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe’ and that in my opinion was nothing - in my opinion - compared to the this book. In ‘The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe’ there was no denial in the existence of the talking creatures - only on the existence of humans. However in Caspian there are more humans than talking creatures so the talking creatures are the ones hiding out and no longer able to live as they once had.

I liked how the main character for the series is a young boy. By making him a child it allows a lot of room for growth throughout the story and also an inclination towards having a love for talking animals. Lewis also brought back the children from ‘The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe’ (Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy) who main goal was to help Caspian restore the world of Narnia to the way ...

• Prince Caspian (Book Three: Chronicles of Narnia) by C.S Lewis
      it used to be. I believe that by adding them to the story for this particular purpose - restoring Narnia - reinforced the idea you get from the story that says there bloodline will always be the savers of their world.

Plot wise I think it was much darker than the previous books in the series. There was much more depressing aspects that deviated from the usually light conflicts that are in this Chronicles. I highly believe that this is because by this time - the

fact that this series was mainly for children began to change. Everyone seems to be able to fall in love with this - alot like the Harry Potter series so he seemed to add more aspects to appeal to older readers without making it so adult like that parents wouldn’t want their children to read it.

Overall I highly suggest this book of the series. It is well written - as is all his Chronicles of Narnia books - and brings more depth than the previous books of the series.

Andrew Leither says :

I am glad this one was your favorite as you mentioned it in the review. Prince Caspian was a lovely read as I can feel it’s openness and honesty in the review it’s appreciated that you read the book to share it with us. I enjoyed it immensely. …

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1711101619350731/k2311a1011/10.11.13