Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (Movie)
2.5
  • This, I think, was mainly due to the fact that his character was rushed
  • The best examples of poor acting I would say when watching when watching the movies were the gods - especially Hades and Persephone - who seemed to work too hard when playing their roles and definitely overreacted to everything
  • Dispute all of this the side effects were awesome - especially with the water but amazing waves of ocean drowning an enemy does not stop a bad movie from being a bad movie
  • I think they honestly relied on it and the action scenes to keep the movie interesting too much

• by Isadora Night

Percy Jackson and the lightning thief is a movie derived from the book of the same name. I have been a fan of Rick Rodian’s Percy Jackson series ever since I knew of its exsistance and so when I heard the movie was out I was really excited to watch it. What I received instead was a disappointment.

Now I can’t say the actors were entirely bad. They did do their job fairly well however it was obvious

that they are not experienced nor did they know how to act their part very well. Percy Jackson (Logan Lerman) gave me three impressions that was not in the book: arrogance, weakness and overconfidence. This, I think, was mainly due to the fact that his character was rushed. Rather then getting in depth glances at his character - all I see is a guy who was one moment one of the most ignored kids at school and the next some high profile demigod because his dad is the water god known as Poseidon. I did not like Annabeth (played by Alexandra Daddario) character very much to be honest.

She was almost nothing like the Annabeth of the book. Her confidence seemed like arrogance. Her determination seemed overbearing. Her authority was controlling. There was no balance between the character. The best examples of poor acting I would say when watching when watching the movies were the gods - ...

• Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (Movie)
      especially Hades and Persephone - who seemed to work too hard when playing their roles and definitely overreacted to everything. The plot was brilliant however this is only because it was taken from the book. The movie altered it - and I would say for the worst. The up and down of emotion and events you got from reading the book was not present in the movie. I felt like they were rushing for the movie to finish
      so everything in it is blurred and makes almost no sense.

Dispute all of this the side effects were awesome - especially with the water but amazing waves of ocean drowning an enemy does not stop a bad movie from being a bad movie. I think they honestly relied on it and the action scenes to keep the movie interesting too much. Overall I would not suggest you buy this movie at all - it is not worth it.

Tiro Cooper says :

This was a great movie but in my opinion i loved the first movie more.

Adityaa says :

Hello Cooper, this is the first movie of this series. I don’t know what movie you have mentioned in your comment. But this movie isn’t great. If you have read the novel, you won’t think even in your wildest dreams that this movie is great.

Lady Sanzenin says :

I was disappointed from the changes they made from the book. I hoped they just sticked to it. Nonetheless, it was a very enjoyable watch.

Adityaa says :

I watched the movie first. But I didn’t like the movie. So when I came back across the novel, I was a bit hesitant to pick that because of the bad movie. But after reading many positive reviews about the novel, I bought a boxed set of the series and completed reading all the five novels within a week. I am very much disappointed with the makers of this movie. The novel was mind blowing. If they had made the as such in the novel, it would have been greater like Harry Potter movie series.

Andrew Leither says :

With Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief and your stunning review, make me fall for this movie to watch as well anyone reading our opinions on the review will see and not be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119101619210731/k2311a109/10.9.13