Interview with a Vampire (Movie)
  • Interview with a vampire is my favorite vampire movie of all time
  • I think this is mainly because vampires are either made to be really disgusting monsters (like in Dracula or The Lost Boys) or so beautiful and non- vampirish that it is disgraceful (like in Twilight)
  • Louis (the main character played by Brad Pitt) seems to hate having decided to become a vampire and this hatred, I believe in part, is why, throughout the movie his fellow vampires say he has a 'human look in his eye'
  • I know myself that the general image of any vampire is a blood sucking monster
  • I could not help but imagine that Tom Cruise greatly enjoyed this role

• by Isadora Night

Interview with a vampire is my favorite vampire movie of all time. It shows a kind of vampire that I feel has been pushed to the wayside in this generation. I think this is mainly because vampires are either made to be really disgusting monsters (like in Dracula or The Lost Boys) or so beautiful and non- vampirish that it is disgraceful (like in Twilight).

In Interview with a Vampire, the impression is that vampires are monsters but beautiful monsters so as to more easily catch their prey. Louis (the main character played

by Brad Pitt) seems to hate having decided to become a vampire and this hatred, I believe in part, is why, throughout the movie his fellow vampires say he has a ‘human look in his eye’. I think that Anne Rice decision to surround the story around him causes us, as the viewer, to feel more sympathetic toward the vampire. I know myself that the general image of any vampire is a blood sucking monster. By making Louis self - hating and telling us about how he lost his wife and daughter. How
      he fought the urge to kill his victims or how he was used in the world of the vampires; the previous image of him is challenged.

I found Lestat (acted by Tom Cruise) to be the the hardest character to understand mainly because he is obviously the most reserved. He, however, struck me as a guardian and an aid to the vampires he made. His character seemed to be one that longs for companionship - if not a student to tell everything he knows to. I could not help but imagine that Tom ...

• Interview with a Vampire (Movie)
      Cruise greatly enjoyed this role. Dispute everything that was happening, he always seemed to be mocking if not on the verge of laughing without actually doing so. This portrayal of Lestat gave him an image of being more cruel and evil then I think his character really was. Throughout the entire movie - from beginning to end - the general image is ‘hate Lestat’ however I feel he hardly does anything wrong except for act as himself - a vampire. The plot is one of my favorites because it is not a love
      story nor is it a ‘kill all vampires’ story like 99% of the vampire movies on the market.

Instead it was a movie that examined the life of a man who did not entirely want to become a vampire and what he felt about his life now that he has been on this earth for over a hundred years. I think this approach - autobiography of the life of a vampire - is something that has probably never been done. This alone makes me say that this movie should be bought and watched again and again.

Serenity says :

re : Interview with a vampire is my favorite vampire movie of all time
My all time favorite movie. Its one of the few movies that I can watch over and over again. It always seems that there is something new in the movie that I missed. The actors did so well and it kept me watching and expecting something new with each scene. I have purchased this film and I have purchased it for a few friends who also love it. The ending should of warranted for a part 2 since the main Vampire was still alive.

Tasha says :

It is mine too

Odessa Williams says :

re : Interview with a vampire is my favorite vampire movie of all time
Every time this film comes on I watch it. I don’t know why I have not bought the DVD because I love it so much. I know that movie inside and out and I thought Tom Cruise, Kirsten Dunst and Brad Pitt are phenomenal in it.

Isnairah Cecille Dugan says :

Indeed. I agree with your opinion about the views of this generation about vampires. This movie classically showed everyone the real thing Thank you for posting a review like this. I wish many more will come to realize that vampires aren’t scary or too beautiful (as you’ve said like in Twilight) and VAMPIRES DON’T SPARKLE

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119101619200731/k2311a109/10.9.13